Pics of my first true maiden voyage.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
I bolted some borrowed resonators on the cuda as quick as I could to take my Daughter, the one that loves old cars, to church last Sunday.
She had a smile pegged on her face the whole trip, but mine was more a look of concern as I was watching the gauges like a hawk looking for anything strange.

I had no idea they were having a picnick after church and I was just going to shut the car down in the parking lot and check for leaks and things, but it turned into a mini car show of one LOL.

Thanks to our resident professional photographer, Bill, I got to see the car from a spectator's viewpoint.

The first picture here is a classic, worthy of a "caption this" pic.

church1.jpg

_DCS70661.jpg

_DCS70671.jpg

_DCS71481.jpg

_DCS71261.jpg

_DCS71281.jpg

_DCS71661.jpg

It was nice to put a smile on the face of the guy in blue with the black hat because his Wife is going through her second bout with chimotherapy as her cancer came back pretty nasty.

Great pics! Wasn't that long ago that was a stripped down project car. Its fun to get them out and let others enjoy.

Very cool.....The look on the different faces is priceless.
Must feel really good to get her out !!!!

Nice ride spaz, you know they`re repoping deck trim? Hey hope you did`nt smash a bottle of champaign on her:-D

Nope, I got some from metro parts, just have to get the car back to the body shop before I install the trim so they can wet sand some of the junk in the paint on the decklid then I will pop it on for good.

The fish is looking AWESOME!! Congrats on what looks to be a real cool maiden voyage!! Thanks for the pics, makes me all the more anxious to get that first ride in mine!!

ahhhhhhhhhh, aint it nice!:)

Thanks y'all,

Yes, it was nice, but the power does make me a bit nervous as this son of a gun can run!, but I was not expecting a crowd at the church and actually spent some time under the car right off the bat looking things over as I was checking to see if Murphy's law was hiding under there.

man.... that thing is gorgeous. nice work. yeah, always wanna be careful and look around during the "shakedown".... no matter how much you don't WANT to find something wrong!

Very nice to see that thing on the streets. I bet the menacing growl of that motor made the congregation want to breakout into a Mopar Hymnal.

Frame a couple of those! Trust me....

Oh, you know it.

I have this one framed at home in my garage.

Just to give you an idea of how long I have been working on this car, look at my Daughter above in the black pants, white stripe.
Here she is in this pic with the bright green shorts as it came off the wrecker.
The car was a crowd pleaser from day one. LOL.

I seriously want to collect all these kids up again and get them all together in the same positions, but the boys in the pic (neighbors) moved back to Texas so maybe I will have to call them and coordinate a get together with their family some day.

Thoes picsssss are PRICELESS.

Yeah the guy with the camera, Bill, is very good at capturing life as it takes place.
He's taken some absolutely incredible still pictures over the years.

I'd like to get into that as a hobby myself, well, actually, I guess in a way I have as many pictures I have taken of cars over the years.

I just need a better camera.

Spaz. you know now that all those years of work and sweat were worth it. Congratulations on a beautifully done Mopar. :)

Thanks Vart,

Could not have got it to this point without help and expertice from some seriously skilled fanatical Mopar buddies of mine from Dallas, Georgia and lots of help and encouragement from y'all here at FABO.
Been many times that I felt like selling it off due to frustrations over money, time, and life circumstances just as I'm sure many of you had felt from time to time.

My buddy Nick kicked me in the pants every time I started talking silly like that.

I better shut up now, it's like I'm talking like I just won a grammy or something, gosh I'm retarded.

Spaz,
I bet it felt great to finally take your beautiful cuda for a spin. And all the attention to your car is vindication for all your effort.
Congrat's on a job well done!
And by the way, your going to hear things from that car that aren't there, its part of being the proud and concerned father of a new baby CUDA!!!!!!!!!

-
Back