Pictures of 17" Bullet Wheels on an A-body?

-

flyboy01

Its almost done!
Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of 17" Bullet Wheels on an A-body. I am thinking about a set of 17x8 Mustang bullet wheels for my 68 Dart.

i knew someone who had done this. I never found out how it looked!

I bet it would look interesting, but i can tell a stang wheel a mile away! so it could clash too.
Get someone to photochop some on.. and see how it looks!

Here are a few pics I gathered during my web surfing.

2qluxxy.jpg

2a7u7w5.jpg

2sbvf5u.jpg

4br5miu.jpg

2r7oils.jpg

here;s a guesstimate on a demon..just need to figure what spacers are needed now.. :)

t_better_152.jpg

t_001_139.jpg

Cool, that's what I was looking for, I have been thinking about doing 17x8 in front and 17x10.5 in the back when I minitub it.

Popular Hot Rodding's web site (www.popularhotrodding.com) is supposed to have a program on it soon that will allow you to pick your model of car and wheel type and it will insert them into a photo. Last I checked, they only had a demo of what it will do, but it looked pretty cool. I too am looking at changing rims, and can't wait for it to be up and running.

dubldart340 said:
Popular Hot Rodding's web site (www.popularhotrodding.com) is supposed to have a program on it soon that will allow you to pick your model of car and wheel type and it will insert them into a photo. Last I checked, they only had a demo of what it will do, but it looked pretty cool. I too am looking at changing rims, and can't wait for it to be up and running.

They've got one here:

http://www.newstalgiawheel.com/

Tried it. They don't have Darts on it. They have Dusters, but for the wheels I wanted, you are forced to 14" only.

someone gave a link where repros with 4.25" bs can bee had..and pedr cheap..talkin rims and tires around $1k...not bad for brand new 17's

just picked up some 17" wheels from coys... www.coyswheel.com at 225 a piece for chrome 17"s in 4.25" backspacing you cant go wrong... with the deep dish and no spacer

wonder what size tires those are???man they look like small sidewall...

flyboy01 said:
I want to see your car when you get the wheels.

I found this on their website:

148.jpg
me too...lol

got the tires ready to go...

225/50/17 for fronts
255/45/17 for rear.... should BARELY fit.... lol...
waiting on rims, should be in this week...

To me they look horrible...just dont look right on a old car...close to a TT but not the right look.

these front tires are the same as I got.... wheels are 17x8's mine are 17x7's.... sidewall seems fine to me.... thier both 26" tall, as are my current tires...

2sbvf5u.jpg

i think they are a good blend of old school and modern tech all in one... i just bought a set of the black 17 X 8 mustang wheels.. hopefully the tries will be here by the end of the week...

flyboy01 said:
Why don't you have pictures yet?

lol.. got the tires and rims just need to mount them.. been working all weekend so i haven't been able to get them mounted.. hopefully this week.

I have heard a bunch of talk about the stang rims on the a bodies and I say they look sweet! However my opinion is that all of the cars up there need to get a taller rear tire. Maybe like a 65 series. That Valiant looks sweet with them, especially since it looks pretty low too. Im partial to a valiant though! lol just my $.02

-
Back