Pictures of Dana 60 and Calvert bars going in my 74 duster

-

womanator

Reaction score
I thought I would share this with A-Body's

Pic'd up A Dana 60 from a Member.
Cut 3/4 inch off each side to make it fit the Duster.
The reason for putting the Dana in the Duster is I twisted the pinion out of the 3rd member on my Charger with the same engine I put in the Duster.

Brought it back from Ren Nv.

Going in

Mildly built 512 ci.

Beautiful!!! Nothing says Mopar muscle more then a Dana.

What gear is in it? I see you set the "Tracs" in the top hole.....Looks like you plan on hittin that baby hard...:D.

Right now it has 3.54 gears but I have 4.10 sitting in the box.

My Dana 60 in my 71 Dart soon to have 4.10's

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    102 KB · Views: 412
Tell me more about gussets on the spring perches?

The stock perches will fold up and stick the pinion straight up. loss of drive line and all that mess.

This is a Ferd, but it's what's being talked about as far as gusseting....

Attachments

• IMG_9378.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 292
LOL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjE-wHsjZ_E"]Rear axle breaks during Drag Race - YouTube[/ame]

Ok so where would a guy get like that???? I am game for anything to make it a better car.

Calvert Racing sells perches like the ones pictured, (not mine by the way), but i'm sure there are some other sources in the race suspension world as well.

Since you already have things in place, you could probably just add some plate to the existing perches in the area shown in orange. I doubt that slow, on & off welding would warp or twist anything as long as no excessive heat builds up.
View attachment IMG_9378.jpg

Some may feel that it's unnecessary, but I wanted to show you a idea of reinforcing that area.

-
Back