Pictures of the exhaust system, Dart 67

-

Achill

Reaction score
Hi! Starting to build my exhaust system from scratch (have just headers) and looking for the pictures of the exhaust system for my Dart 1967, can you please share how the pipes should be placed, the way how it’s connected to the body, etc? Thanks a lot in advance!

A parts manual may or may not help. You can download one from MyMopar There is a tight spot where the fuel tank strap/ bolt is located There are threaded bolt bosses up into the rear floor area back under the rear seat for the hangers Mine is not and will never again be original, so I'm not much help

Here are a few pics of the 67 A Body Dart that was done here.

This first pic is of the hangers back by the rear end. Took some 3/16" x 1" wide x 6" long steel straps, welded them on to the seat belt reinforcement brackets hanging down towards the muffler pipes just behind the mufflers. Then can put your rubber flex mount straps and clamps to your pipes on from there.

20200301_233121.jpg

Can see the seat belt bracket here by the brake hose body mount.
20200301_233222.jpg

Then this next picture is looking back from the transmission. 2" exhaust pipe, 18" resonators before the 14" Thrush Turbo mufflers to quiet it down.

Takes a smaller muffler to fit up into the space available on the A bodies.
20200301_233522.jpg

These were turn down at the axle, no tail pipes. The tail pipes do sound nicer though.

Then here is Brian's 2.5" TTI exhaust on his 72 Duster, ended up with Dynomax Mufflers on that one so it would not drone back inside the car.

IMG952019030995103236847.jpg

The 67 Plymouth FSM shows the routing.
Muffler hanger is from the bracket behind the rear seat. there is only one on most cars. IIRC 383 cars only got a dual exhaust.
Those get a bolt on version of the same bracket.
The tailpipes hang from the frame rail. 67 hung directly below the rail. The tail hanger uses a clip in female reciever for the bolt.
Accurate has some of the parts correct but IIRC not the tailpipe hangers.
TTI has the tailpipe hangers but moves the muffler hangers so theirs are not correct.
Don's Custom Exhaust in Ohio prob has all the correct hangers and parts.

Here are a few pics of the 67 A Body Dart that was done here.

This first pic is of the hangers back by the rear end. Took some 3/16" x 1" wide x 6" long steel straps, welded them on to the seat belt reinforcement brackets hanging down towards the muffler pipes just behind the mufflers. Then can put your rubber flex mount straps and clamps to your pipes on from there.

View attachment 1715480026

Can see the seat belt bracket here by the brake hose body mount.
View attachment 1715480028

Then this next picture is looking back from the transmission. 2" exhaust pipe, 18" resonators before the 14" Thrush Turbo mufflers to quiet it down.

Takes a smaller muffler to fit up into the space available on the A bodies.
View attachment 1715480033
These were turn down at the axle, no tail pipes. The tail pipes do sound nicer though.

Then here is Brian's 2.5" TTI exhaust on his 72 Duster, ended up with Dynomax Mufflers on that one so it would not drone back inside the car.

View attachment 1715480034

I always like the sound of the muffler and glass pack together, It makes the drone much more tolerable. Back in the day when you could get real Corvair turbo mufflers I had 2 turbo mufflers and 2 2.5" glasspacks on my Cuda, sounded awsome.

REAL Corvair mufflers were excellent, and most people don't even know what they are. What are called 'turbo' by others, likely starting with Thrush are pretty much junk

REAL Corvair mufflers were excellent, and most people don't even know what they are. What are called 'turbo' by others, likely starting with Thrush are pretty much junk

Excellant unless u put them behind a 426 hemi , it would blow them apart just like about everything else made back then in the aftermarket !

-
Back