PICTURES!

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
EVERYBODY loves pictures,right? I remembered my camera when I stopped by the house today and snapped a few shots of my block going together.

20047186906741080633374.jpg

The over-spray will be cleaned off before the manifold is bolted on....
20047188563103977850052.jpg

BTW: Both of my timing marks are at the 12 o'clock position on my block for TDC. Didn't someone else mention this about their engine?
20047181298243067754159.jpg

I'll post pictures of the car itself in a another post. I don't wanna kill the dial-up crowd :)

Looks great man what are the specs on that bad boy?i cant wait till my next motor looks like that :thumleft:

THEWHITEZOMBIE said:
Looks great man what are the specs on that bad boy?i cant wait till my next motor looks like that :thumleft:

It's a Mopar Performance 360 short block with the .509" hyd. cam & .020" over pistons. A pair of mildly ported `68 X heads are running Crane 1.6:1 roller rockers. The bottom end is standard size rods & mains. I have ARP studs for the mains and heads and a Melling stock volume oil pump with a Milodon pan. The intake will be a six barrel and the exhaust will be Hooker Super Comps through a 2.5" pipes and a pair of 40 series Flowmasters. Throw in a Lakewood scattersheild, Centerforce clutch, and 4:10 sure grip and it should be fun.... :twisted:

FASTBACK340 said:
BTW: Both of my timing marks are at the 12 o'clock position on my block for TDC. Didn't someone else mention this about their engine?

Yes mine was the same way! Are you running a Comp Cams double roller timing gear set also?

Hey, you can put that in the back of the bug in the background and ride wheelies around town all day! :roll:

Are you running a Comp Cams double roller timing gear set also?

I'm running whatever it was that came with the MP short block. It is a double roller... just not sure of the manufacturer.

demonwiese said:
Hey, you can put that in the back of the bug in the background and ride wheelies around town all day! :roll:

<sigh....> Please, let's not talk about the VW in the background. :roll:

That was supposed to be a "quickie" project for my wife that never got off the ground. It's a nice `73 Super Beetle that needs a motor & interior. It had all the rust repair done and was freshly painted when I bought it a 1 1/2 years ago. I have 2 engine cores that goes with it.

Anyone interested? I'll let it go cheap! Come & git it.... :D

man if it wasnt in new york i would come and get it. Love to take them out in the pasture and getting rolling over. We put a roll bar in first ofcourse and hall *** turn it real hard and slam the breakes and try and roll them what a blast :D :D :D

OH I forgot sweet looking motor. i ran a comp double roller and the dots went at 12 and 6 :?: :?: :?: who knows :?:

got my next build coming up a 383!!! she is going to be a compression monster adn be ready to blow down the house!!!!!!!

340 is going in the dart and 383 in the duster, Maybe a 43 stroker!!!! befoe its over.

chad72duster said:
OH I forgot sweet looking motor. i ran a comp double roller and the dots went at 12 and 6 :?: :?: :?: who knows :?:

got my next build coming up a 383!!! she is going to be a compression monster adn be ready to blow down the house!!!!!!!

340 is going in the dart and 383 in the duster, Maybe a 43 stroker!!!! befoe its over.
DO IT DO IT :salut:

-
Back