Pink Floyd fans?

-

1968dartman

life is getting better!!
Reaction score
I am sitting here listening to floyd and was wondering if there are any other floyd fans amongst us. I love just stiing and listening to them. I also enjoy going and seeing either Brit or Aussie Pink Floyd perform live!

Yup, still like a good Floyd song, my 14yr old daughter digs them too.

absolutely! Sometimes i just get in that mood where i want to listen to Floyd and you have to listen to the whole album cause one song just wont do it!

I listen to Accuradio at work and the station I am listening to today has played a lot of Floyd which is fine with me.

All these years I never learned to play any Floyd on my guitar until a few weeks ago. Nailed down Comfortably Numb. Rediculously easy too.

The first time I saw Pink Floyd,,,,,

March 18, 1973 at the "Palace Theatre" Waterbury, Connecticut.

It was part of their 'Dark Side of the Moon' tour.

Can't remember much,,,,,but do remember hearing 'Money' later in the show.

You just knew that song was going to be a 'hit'.

Technically, one of the 'best'........ 'Progressive Rock Bands' ever.

I really hate I missed ever being able to see them. /young...

Favorite band of all time.

Yes it would have been cool to see them but they always played way to far away from me to go see them.

Cindy and I are big time Pink Floyd fans,We saw them back in the 90ssssssssssss in Toronto Canada was a night time concert out side,how would this be.Its just after dark that week they had the symphony of fire were 6 or 7 different country's were completing for the best fire works show and what a show best fire worksssssssssss we ever seen.The big one, Pink Floyd came on at 11 o clock and played till 2 am best concert ever for us.We took a bus tour and 1 of our buddy's missed the bus home lmao.So ya we love and in Cindys words when ever she is all loaded up Pink F-bomb&ng Floyd.Top that you head bangers.PS I puke my gutssssssssss out in the stands wile Pink flood was playing.

i have heard of them before but never listened to them in detail .....thanks for the awareness ...i have them playing on youtube right now and i like what im hearing so far......im always looking for good music in english ......its good for my little sister too .....she is learning english and she needs to get her ear used to the tone.

Thanks and good thread

The first time I saw Pink Floyd,,,,,

March 18, 1973 at the "Palace Theatre" Waterbury, Connecticut.

It was part of their 'Dark Side of the Moon' tour.

Can't remember much,,,,,but do remember hearing 'Money' later in the show.

You just knew that song was going to be a 'hit'.

Technically, one of the 'best'........ 'Progressive Rock Bands' ever.

"Wish You Were Here" lives in the CD player of my car at work, and just for the record my folks wouldn't let me go to the show in Waterbury in 73, they said I was to young. :(

I saw the Animals tour in 1977 , Olympic stadium (autostad) Montreal , Canada.
At that time it was the largest concert ever held in Canada. They played the whole
"Animals" album , then the complete "Wish you were here" album and then "dark side of the moon" as their encore. Still to this day one of the best show I have ever seen .
Ticket price $10.00 cad LOL the good old days . Guess I got old . How the heck did that
happen. They ended the concert with style as well . The roadies started stealing equipment from the band They took the guitar and then the player. They started
taking drums and cymbles away, then they took the keyboards away and the key board player , the whole time the band is still jamming away. Now all that is left on stage
is the drummer with a bass drum and one cymble and the bass player , then they carried the bass player away, the drumers is still pounding away on his bass drum and cymble
and 6 or 7 roadies come out 3 of them pick up the drummer while he is still on his stool
hoist him over thier heads and carry him off stage the others grab the bass drum and cymble and the encore and concert are over. Great show. In 1978 the attendance record
was broken at Canada Jam held in Mosport park Ont. Some etimated 10,000 people showed up for that one, including me of course. That record held for years until the S.A.R.S. concert in in Toronto with the Rolling stones playing I think , not sure I was not at that one. LOL.
Have another Pink Floyd story from when they played in Edmonton in the 1990s went to
that one in my 1968 Metalic blue notch back Barracuda. Still listen to Pink Floyd to this day. Going to put some right now . Cheers. Ticket price $50.00

I too am a huge Pink Floyd fan, and have seen them many times in the past. I am also turning on my kids to their groovy sounds, and just looked up the floating pig on youtube for them to see. They didn't believe me that they had the pig, and now they are already die hard Floyd fans!!

I am in the school of a lot of their early stuff, for that is what was out before they got "big"!! Yea, Dark Side of the Moon was big and just before my time, but their next coule albums after that didn't live up to that recording. Then, when The Wall hit in '79, that was it!! They could do no wrong after that, and probably made the most $$ of anytime in their careers...heck, I'd retire too if I had enough $$!!

See you on...well, you know!! Geof

All these years I never learned to play any Floyd on my guitar until a few weeks ago. Nailed down Comfortably Numb. Rediculously easy too.

Try to learn "Wish You Were Here"...... just as easy, and so smoooooth!
All time FAVORITE band!
Larry

Just plain great music

Time

Learning to Fly

Another Brick in the Wall

Comfortably Numb

Shine on you Crazy Diamond.

Hell the list goes on and on

One of the best Videos in the 'Delicate Sound of Thunder'. Buddy of mine was in the Army in Europe back in the 60s. His buddy took him to a bar to listen to a band it was Pink Floyd. Now that would of been cool. Money Money....I also like the Dog of Wars...they did a really good job with the video.

Had to check my old scrap book.

March 18, 1973 - 'Palace Theatre' -Waterbury, Connecticut

Ticket Price....$7.00

Small Theatre, with a capacity of around 2500 or so....

A Mixture of...... Blackberry Brandy + Black Beauties = "Speed Freak"......

Thought so... Here ya go....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t40INnb6DnY"]Frijid Pink - House of the Rising Sun - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back