PINKS 4 Wide Drag Racing? What Do You Think?

-
My mother always taught me, "If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all"....enough said....

Though it was kind of dumb...and i don't like the new format they give you a time you have to run faster then..
This is how Rich did..ArmDropLive up here at the local track.If your car runs 11.50 they would post a time of say 11.90.If ya know your car,on off the gas to get the closest to 11.90.Was kinda neat to see how well guys could drive their cars.The new show sucks!What,s with buddys eyes?LOL

The Hell with Pinks....

BillyJay, your car is absolutely F`in AWESOME !!!!!!!! :cheers:

The racing is great. The people on there are iddiots!
There has been 4 wide racing done already.
Here's a pic from Minn. A strip north of the twin cities.
Closed now, I think.

1969Mn_Dragways4-CarDrag.jpg

Well I thought it was cool One of my buddies was in the 4 wide 32 field. It was a black 95 Mustang GT. The car is quick but he got beat by a Chebby. My buddy builds Jack Roush's Nascar engines and Jack wanted to know why he didn't win, my buddy said need more motor. Jack told him to take what he needed and he better not loose again.:-D I rode many a mile in the back of that car. He bought it new when he turned 16

The show is now become a joke. The whole grass roots is gone . Use to be street racing now it is track racing. I say go back to the old way or cancel the show it is a laughing stock now.

I don't like the new format at all. They took a good thing and made it into a freak show. I don't watch the show to see drama. I watch it to see real cars drag race. If the NHRA and IHRA would show full body cars racing I would watch that too. But they don't so I wont. The 4 wide thing is a joke and you can tell Rich knows nothing about drag racing at all.

Closed now, I think.

i love that pic. mopars beating up on a ford lol. Pinks would be great with Jesse James as host.

I thought it was something different and was eager to see the show. It was like waiting for the Super Bowl for me. Anything new will have pros and cons, likes and dislikes but you got to admit it got all of your attention or you wouldn't have watched. After all, I believe they said there was 32K in attendance. Rich, keep up the good work and keep the show interesting!!! Now how's about upping the $10K or maybe some $$$ for the runner up?

I really liked the 4 lanes. If you've ever raced on a track with primitive clean up equipment you would know what I'm talking about. Oil the lane down and just jump over to the other side. I'd think the spectators would need to bring binoculars, though. You would think the guys on the outside lanes would have the disadvantage of seeing Rich's arm drop but the far left lane did pretty good.

That silver 67 Dart with the wheelie bars and manual trans...he's got my vote!!! Only wish I could hear him go through the gears...

Hey FastBack(John)...thanks for the comments...lol.. it has been a great project for me and should be picking her up from the Chassis shop on Monday or tuesday with new 2 1/4" headers..1,200.00 OUCH !!! here are some more pics i took the day before i headed to the Chassis shop...

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

In person it might be OK but on the tube the camera has to pull back too far to get all 4 cars in the shot.Not enough detail for me...I like it when you can see the cars up close.

Pinks is turning into a circus side show. Rich should join the WWE and leave Drag Racing alone. Just my opinion . I prefer Pass Time now, I think Rich has somthing to do with that show as well but it's better without him interfering.

I could care less about pinks, but as far as 4 lane drag strips go I grew up at
one. N.Y National Speedway on Long Island had 4 lanes and would run class eliminations that way.

Didn't like it. Did like it when Rich tried to ride that sport bike, I never get tired of watching it. I do like the fack that he " and others " like mopars. I also miss Nate & his brother. 30,000+ people & 500 cars, and they still only paid 1 person,that is a joke.

I live local to concord and I went this event. The four lane drags were pretty cool but I felt that it was unfair to the drivers on the ends because they had to look away from their lane to watch Rich on the arm drop. But if they were using both trees it would be fair for all. Also I never like Rich watching the show and after going to the event I really don't like him. He is way to arrogant and blames his mistakes on his crew. Also he is just an actor, he dosn't even control the show. If you ever go to a pinks event you will see a guy riding on a scooter and you will see that he calls all the shots and tells Rich what to do. Also I don't like the new guys. Nate was pretty cool.

Only thing I liked about it was with 4 lanes you get to keep running them in case of an oil down and Rich and the new annoying guy root for Mopars. Rest of it sucked. The first 35-40 minutes I didn't see one complete race. Who cares about seeing 500 burnouts?? I want to see more racing like it used to be. Doesn't surprise me to see the comments about Rich being a jerk. He has always came off that way. My fondest memory of him was when he dumped the bike a couple yrs. back. Of course he had to act real tough and rip his shirt off.:munky2:

Closed now, I think.
thanks briankaplan for the memory , 2 yrs before that picture I held the track record in C/ stk 12.48 113.62 and won the the 1967 NHRA pts meet at minnisota dragway Inlate 1967 I open my own drag strip in Comstock Wisc. Tenora Dragways. We use to run 4 lane back in 1960's it was fun making 3 guys feel bad not just one. Oh the car was a 1967 442 limited production drag car form olds only 52 were built. wish I still had that one! Thanks again Gary:cheers:

Closed now, I think.
They didn't say it was the first time it had ever been done, they said it was the first time on TV. Anyone with any time in this sport knows that is nothing new.

Problems and all it is still infinitely better than the original Pinks. I always called it "Punks" because all you ever saw on the show were loud-mouthed, dickhead Yo-boys with **** cars. I stopped watching a long time ago and didn't start again until until I saw a thread here about a FABO guy running his car on "Pinks All-Out".

Ill always watch the drag racing shows. I prefer pass time though. The four lane thing was cool in a sort of silly way. Ratings. As far as rich goes though, I wish these shows could find a guy who knows cars. He doesn't. Pulled the same blunder as Lou on Muscle car, called a plymouth a dodge. I wish I could get a high paying job where I don't know what im doing.....
Hey, take it easy on the poor guy, he's got a Chevrolet Cutlass, an Oldsmobile GTO, and a Pontiac Chevelle. Might even have a Mercury Fairlane too.

i think its cool as **** i like 2 but 4 dam i dont get to the track much soo tv works i dont make it to the track much couse i blow tranys like i change underware

30,000+ people & 500 cars, and they still only paid 1 person,that is a joke.[/QUOTE]

I thought they paid $1000 to win 1st round (16) and could bet $500 on the next races to win even more ?

The show is goofy in ways but I like it.

Plymouth guys get no respect, They always call them Dodges, LOL !

-
Back