PINKS 4 Wide Drag Racing? What Do You Think?

-
I could care less about pinks, but as far as 4 lane drag strips go I grew up at
one. N.Y National Speedway on Long Island had 4 lanes and would run class eliminations that way.

My wife's aunt & uncle live there... it's an old folks community now.

I remember when they were talking about building zMax, they said they were going with 4 lanes so there wouldn't be any issues during weekly racing or when the big guys came to town, in case somebody oiled a lane they could just move over to the other pair.

I haven't watched the Pinks show yet (have it on DVR) but the 4 lane racing is pretty damn cool. I remember seeing some pics and video of that from "back in the day" and always thought it was pretty slick. I wouldn't want to see if every week, though.

Overall I'm not too happy with the new All Out shows. At first it was pretty cool, but it's gone downhill ever since. I'm sure by next year it's gonna be close to regular bracket racing and nothing out of the ordinary.

This track is brand new hemizach it's the Z-Max in Concord. 4 lane drags happened alot back in the day(way back).

Yeah I've seen pics of the old 4 lane tracks from back in the day from stuff my dad has in the basement... now that looks cool :cheers:

They didn't say it was the first time it had ever been done, they said it was the first time on TV. Anyone with any time in this sport knows that is nothing new.

Anyone who is interested in nostalgia racing knows. I'm 17 and even I have known they did 4 lane racing since i was about 12, lol. Course my dad was the one who showed me :-D.

I've been recording the new All out shows to watch on rainy days... at least its something with engine noise.

The same folks who think Pinks is real Drag Racing are still wondering why "Porky's" didn't win Best Picture too........

All this goofing around over who may have "jumped". Use the staging lights: they have no pity.

Who's this pinhead in the lights? "TOO CLOSE TO CALL!!!"
Cripes......Ray Charles couldv'e told us who'd won..................

Then there's the bozos in the the tower picking cars. ******************
You'd think they were doing a heart transplant or figuring out a reentry profile for the Shuttle...........:bootysha:

I vote Goldberg for the new host. Right after he bodyslams Dick Cristensen.(sp)?

mopp_0811_12_z+project_goldberg+top_view.jpg

codfish

the dude in the late model 396 white camaro got screwed. bad track prep his first run .you could see where he spun a 1/4 of the track. then next run in a different lane he hooked and they said too fast wtf

I finally watched the show (had it on DVR). The 4 lane racing was pretty cool, but it looked like the cars weren't matched up all that well. In previous episodes they would be be neck and neck all the way down the track, winning by a foot or two. This time some of the cars were way out in front of the others... Did they just pick a wide range of cars or did they try to group them close? Didn't seem like it.

And that new guy... the radio guy... is a tool.

Coming back from commercial each time they spent 3 minutes re-capping what we saw five minutes earlier. Why? Didn't they have enough footage to fill the hour?

The funny part was the guy in the tower was feeding Rich his lines. Plus the marks of the cars. Rich can't tell a Ford from a Chevy from a Mopar? C'mon...

Yeah, I thought the recapping was a bit too much also. Almost like they were catering to the non-enthusiast who doesn't know the deal.

Yeah, another show about to have it's soul sucked out by the suits who "know what they're doing" with programming...... :thebirdm:

The Hell with Pinks....

BillyJay, your car is absolutely F`in AWESOME !!!!!!!! :cheers:
Thank you John :-D You took the words right out of my mouth :cheers: That is a top shelf A body BillyJay has there !!! Dayam=P~=P~=P~=P~=P~

All I have to say is that I want a new season of bullrun to come around... thats my favorite on speed.

I have to agree with someone else about test and tune or run what ya brung days. When you only get a couple of runs in normally, the 4 lanes would be great! Plus it's even more competitive to race against 3 other cars! More runs means more fun!

-
Back