pissed at pinks!!!!

-

pagilman

Reaction score
:sad1: I just have to vent a little, as I am wondering if Gm or Ford is sponsoring pinks or if no mopar guys want to lose a 20k or 30K roadrunner to a 15K chevelle or mustang. I have not seen a mopar on there yet. Whats up with that????? thanks for any input Gilman :sad1:

Pinks is a farce anyway. They sign a contract that the loser can buy his car back for $1.00! Crappy show! I'm glad no self-respecting Mopar has been on that show. We don't need a show to prove we're the best!

They really should call it "Punks". That is all I ever see on there.

lets see how many of these(RACERS) can bracket race and run their cars flat out against the clocks.How ever runs the on their dial in the best over 5 runs wins both cars,lets see the true Racers here.Every excuse and problem comes up,I need forty five car lengths and you need to remove 1 tire,and are only allowed 1/2 a gallon of gas.If you are the best of the two,run the F/in car balls out and on the dial in.Its always F*%# the other guy and make your self look good,what a race.Put the tree up and have the ET and MPH lights working and show your balls,put your money where your mouth is.These clowns would not know how to make a car run the numbers,3-4 times in a row,just more hollywood Bull ****,Mrmopartech

I think we see lots of Chevys and ford there cause the owner just wants to get rid of their cars anyway. I think that whoever loses their ride is the real winner. HA HA HA

Jeff

I offered my 66 Cuda 170 slant six car, but never heard from them. With the format they have, I would stand as good a chance as anyone. I don't even waste my time watching, anymore. Any street racing I ever got involved in, was "heads up, run what you brung, and hope you brung enough". No negociating (sp).

Mrmopartech said:
I need forty five car lengths and you need to remove 1 tire, and are only allowed 1/2 a gallon of gas......

I'm laughing pretty hard over THAT analogy.... My Wife had mentioned in the past why I don't watch it and I said the same thing: Hollywood Bullshit. [-(

Besides, Mopar people aren't about to toss their rides to some primate who screwed together his "Brand X" race car for $3,500. For what I'll have invested in my Barracuda when it's finished I could have built 2 Camaro's. :-s

Charrlie_S said:
Any street racing I ever got involved in, was "heads up, run what you brung, and hope you brung enough". No negociating (sp).

This is true, but in that case the guy with the most money, usually wins, they needed to make the show appealing to everybody.

As far as bracket racing goes, this is a heads up style format, not bracket racing. I've never gotten out the beams in a street race, not that I've ever street raced. ;)

I would also assume no Mopars run Pinks due to the cost of builds, anymore all you see are shop cars out there. I can build a Fox body Mustang for dirt cheap and it'll run 10's all day long. Not so with my Mopar, but I'm going a different route with that car anyway.

my buddy was on a couple episoeds of pinks. I was actually at the one with the two brothers, one with the blue 60's firebird and one with the orange newer camaro. They also filmed the one with the two fox body mustangs and the girl drove the one. it was filed in St. Louis and i had a kick *** time there. I was actually on the track in the filming of the show. I was thinking about trying to get my car on the show but thats if the car is ready this summer.

I agree I think they should get Jerry Springer to host pinks, seems like that is the direction the show is taking
Bruce

QuarterHorse said:
This is true, but in that case the guy with the most money, usually wins, they needed to make the show appealing to everybody.

As far as bracket racing goes, this is a heads up style format, not bracket racing. .

It is bracket racing. Just uses a distance handicap, instead of a time hanicap.

Back in the eary 60's I raced a track upstate NY, called Jacksons Dragway, that used a traffic lite, and a distance spot instead of a Xmass tree and a time spot, for the eliminator races. One time I was move so far down track, I was beyond the "tree". They had to use a flag man.

Anyway it is still not appealing to everybody, or we would not be having this discussion.

I like the show. I think it's a little funny that people cry over losing a mustang or camaro. Maybe Mopar people are too smart to dump theirs cars like that? Pinks "All Out" was interesting, there was a guy with an early a-body that did well.

Greg

440duster said:
Pinks "All Out" was interesting, there was a guy with an early a-body that did well.

Greg

Really? I didn't know they had a Mopar on. Goes to show how much attention I pay to the show....:|

yeah it was kinda funny on the all out when they showed the mopar they had to announce "this is the first mopar on the show" yeah the show is alot of bs, everyone just cries and don't wanna loose there 3k mustang, there isnt really much for people they all own shops and make plenty of money so 3k is probably nothing to most of em. just my opinion

to bad you didn't get on the show Charlie, that would be pretty sweet, unfortunately you'd probably win a mustang or gm, i wonder if they did a mopar vs mopar episode i would think that would be more accepted for people to run there mopars, considering i have no interest in owning a ford/gm

Charrlie_S said:
It is bracket racing. Just uses a distance handicap, instead of a time hanicap.

Back in the eary 60's I raced a track upstate NY, called Jacksons Dragway, that used a traffic lite, and a distance spot instead of a Xmass tree and a time spot, for the eliminator races. One time I was move so far down track, I was beyond the "tree". They had to use a flag man.

Anyway it is still not appealing to everybody, or we would not be having this discussion.

I understand what your saying, it's still negotiated as far as lenghts, which still IMO is bull, I do agree with the "run what ya brung" motto. I do still find the show entertaining, and I was at one of the first ones tapped when it was a best out of 3 in Cedar Falls, Iowa, one of our somewhat local 1/4 mile tracks.

Hey guys, I think we are all missing a real important point to watching Pinks, I love to laugh at those band aid mustangs when they grenaid the engine. It's great sport that only proves that more juice is not necessarily a good thing. :burnout:

Terry

demon seed said:
Hey guys, I think we are all missing a real important point to watching Pinks, I love to laugh at those band aid mustangs when they grenaid the engine. It's great sport that only proves that more juice is not necessarily a good thing. :burnout:

Terry

Never had a problem with any of my "Junk" Ford's and juice. ;)

Mrmopartech said:
lets see how many of these(RACERS) can bracket race and run their cars flat out against the clocks.How ever runs the on their dial in the best over 5 runs wins both cars,lets see the true Racers here.Every excuse and problem comes up,I need forty five car lengths and you need to remove 1 tire,and are only allowed 1/2 a gallon of gas.If you are the best of the two,run the F/in car balls out and on the dial in.Its always F*%# the other guy and make your self look good,what a race.Put the tree up and have the ET and MPH lights working and show your balls,put your money where your mouth is.These clowns would not know how to make a car run the numbers,3-4 times in a row,just more hollywood Bull ****,Mrmopartech
Thats what I think also :scratch:

I don't know what to think of you guys that are always bashing Chevys and Fords! Some of them are worth as much as any Mopar! What about a ZL1 Camaro what do you think one is worth! A Real Shelby Mustang! A Yenko Camaro or Nickey Camaro. :scratch: I love Mopars just as much as anyone but I also own Chevys! I don't go around bashing any classic car! I think they are all Special. It takes a lot of $$$ to restore any car,I do have to say that Mopar parts are much more expensive than other Car Parts!I just don't agree with you guys on bashing other cars.Sure is a shame to do so in my book.hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Bobby

1969340dart said:
I don't know what to think of you guys that are always bashing Chevys and Fords! Some of them are worth as much as any Mopar! What about a ZL1 Camaro what do you think one is worth! A Real Shelby Mustang! A Yenko Camaro or Nickey Camaro. :scratch: I love Mopars just as much as anyone but I also own Chevys! I don't go around bashing any classic car! I think they are all Special. It takes a lot of $$$ to restore any car,I do have to say that Mopar parts are much more expensive than other Car Parts!I just don't agree with you guys on bashing other cars.Sure is a shame to do so in my book.hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Bobby

Oh relax Bobby, we're just having fun. Hell I got a Pontiac GTP and a customized Jimmy sitting out back so obviously I'm not Mopar or no car. Actually the Jimmies up for sale. I like looking at a restored Camero or Goat as much as the next guy.

Terry

1969340dart said:

Bobby

Relax Bobby, it is all in fun. If you want to hear some REAL bashing hang out with the Chevy guys for a while. Not only do they bash MOPARs and Fords, they have their own little camps of Camaro guys vs. Chevelle guys, vs. Vette guys who look down on everyone else. I even saw a show on Carlisle where one of the promoters commented that he really liked the All Chrysler show much more than the Chevy show because the MOPAR guys appreciate everything, even the new FWD stuff and the AMC's, while the Chevy guys are always ragging on each other.

-
Back