Pistol Grip shifter handle, what else do I need?

-

71blueduster

Reaction score
I am swapping a 4 speed into my Duster and came accross a B-body pistol grip shifter handle. What else am I going to need to put it in my car? Right now it has the stock shifter, and I need a set of shifter rods too since mine where bent into circles. The stick doesn't fit into the stock shifter, but could be made to fit with some modifications.

Which B-body shifter did you get? There is a '70 non-console, a '70 console, and a '71-'74. You can get new rods from Brewer's Performance for $140, or you can make your own if you can find some donor rods to cut up. Somewhere around here there is a thread about putting pistol grips in A-bodies.

71-74 non console. My main issue is what to do with the shifter mechanism. Do I need to get a correct shifter mechanism that will work with the pistol grip handle? And if I do that will I need shifter rods that are different than the stock rods?

0107001737a.jpg

You can buy a bolt in style shifter mech for cheap on craigs list.Then sell your slide in style for pretty good money on e-bay.Or you can send your slide in to brewers and they will modify it to accept the bolt in handle.You dont have to do anything with the rods.

Contact Mullinax here.

I believe he modified his inland T-handle shifter to accept the pistol grip.

I was told how to do this myself a while back, twice probably, but I keep forgetting to save the link to my favorites.

I am in the same boat, but actually I'm thinking of ditching all the 4 speed stuff for an automatic.
I'm tired of moving parts.

just call Jason at 775-750-0988 he has a new website. http://www.gunslingershifters.com/ he will set you up with everything you need. I got my complete set up from him and it was cheaper than any other place. Plus you know you will be getting the right parts.

He took the time to modify a "B" body pistol grip for my 68 GTS. It came out great. He knows his Mopars! We must have sent 8-10 pics back and forth before we got it "right". He really hung in there....

-
Back