piston to cylinder clearance?

-

V8-valiant

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
ok i have a 360 in my valiant i am in the process of swapping some heads and cam and i notice looking down into the cylinder there looks to be alot of gap! what is the correct gap for this? im running kb 107's Hypereutectic pistons the engine only has 2950 miles, and i can fit a .020 guage in there. from what i see on the kb web site it calls for .004? i havent had a chance to talk to the guy that did the machine work but just wanted a heads up. thanks everyone!

ok i have a 360 in my valiant i am in the process of swapping some heads and cam and i notice looking down into the cylinder there looks to be alot of gap! what is the correct gap for this? im running kb 107's Hypereutectic pistons the engine only has 2950 miles, and i can fit a .020 guage in there. from what i see on the kb web site it calls for .004? i havent had a chance to talk to the guy that did the machine work but just wanted a heads up. thanks everyone!

.004 Is right.

Don't be concerned about the gap between the piston head and the cylinder wall. The gap is measured between the piston skirt and the cylinder wall.

The top of pistons vary in sizes and the top of the pistons are useally smaller by some .020-.030 so not to worry.

thats good to hear i wasnt sure where they measured that at but just making sure! thanks alot everyone!

-
Back