Pitman arm issues

-

Slappy

Reaction score
I have a 72 Demon that Im building. I realized the pitman arm didn't fit through the center link hole. I did have one laying around that fit perfect and had the same drop. The steering box im using is a power box . Not sure what year it is. I went to switch the pitman arms and the arm was a different size. what I need to know is do I need to change my box? Pitman arm or what. The one that works with the center link is on the left small hole. The one on right fits box but not center link.

Attachments

• IMG_3528.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_3529.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 177
Sorry not sure, so one goes in from the top and one through the bottom of the center link as well? The one on the right looks like the one i have on my dart 67 with a 73 dart frt end set up, the left???Sorry

..............U have to have the center link that matches the pitman and idler arms.....67-72 is the correct 1 for ur demon....the small hole 1 will be correct for ur car.........ur steering box is for the 73-76 center link.......so yes u would need to change ur steering box or get the newer center link and idler arm.......kim.

..............U have to have the center link that matches the pitman and idler arms.....67-72 is the correct 1 for ur demon....the small hole 1 will be correct for ur car.........ur steering box is for the 73-76 center link.......so yes u would need to change ur steering box or get the newer center link and idler arm.......kim.

I know this is a stretch do you happen to know any part numbers? so I need to use a 73-76 idler arm and center link? The box that is in my car works with the bigger hole pitman arm.. Is there any fix for this besides replacing steering box?

"So long as" the thing is for an A body (compatible) here is the deal............

There are FOUR pieces that must go together from 68--later

67 is odd because of the "one year" pitman

The box must of course fit the pitman, and depending on which way the pitman stud points, you need the mating center link and mating idler arm. So box, pitman, idler, and center link all must go together.

You can have those 4 pieces on any year 68 / later regardless of the rest of the front end stuff

Here

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=236925

-
Back