pitman arm puller

-

ducter

Reaction score
Pitman arm puller... Might sound simple enough but where do you get a decent one? Had 2, one from harbor freight and one from auto zone, trying to get the arm off my dart sport and both broke, they just cracked and fell off. Might make one myself tomorrow.

How are you using them? They need some help. You are supposed to tighten it down, smack the pitman arm where it goes around the shaft HARD with a hammer, tighten more and repeat until it breaks free. Any of them will break if you make them do all the work.

I was taught to tighten the tool up nice and tight,, then smoke it on the end of the screw shaft with a BFH.. I believe that's why the put a "nub" on the end of the hex,, so it doesn't mushroom out,, so you can keep using sockets on it..

It works great for me... pops right off..

OTC7311A.jpg

Well alright then, I was using it incorrectly. Didn't smack it with a hammer, Thanks for the tip.

Yep hitting the pullers bolt head works for me. You'll find that is a taper fit like the tie rod ends , etc...so once it moves just a little it will fall apart.

-
Back