pitman arm

-

Mopar Al

MOPAR AL
Reaction score
I am changing my 73 Dart to manual stearing. Having trouble with pitman arm. I have the stearing box installed, but the arm is much different. Took the arm off my power box, but the splined moumting hole is probably 1/8" too big. Pic 3. Does anybody have a solution for this? Thanks, Al The pics are the arm from the power box.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 181
  • 006.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 173
  • 007.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 189
They are 2 different sizes. You'll need to buy the correct arm.
I dont know what steering gear or center link you have but I know there is one combination that will not workbecause there never was a pitman arm made in that configuration.

I had a similar problem.

Tried to install my new rare parts pitman arm for my 69 383-S Barracuda that has a factory fast ratio steering box.

It doesn't fit!

The splined hole is bigger than the original pitman arm. The new one just spins around the steering box output shaft. I called rare parts and they haven't heard of this problem before.

I will need to get the original one rebuilt or have a new one manufactured. Either way, it is fairly expensive.

Bummer!

In 73, the power steering units went to a larger output shaft .....which your pitman arm came off of....the manuals used a small shaft still...

get a pitman arm for a 73 with manual steering...i put a link to the moog part numbers ..

i removed power steering from my 73 duster and put manual steering on it...use Moog K7075

-
Back