Pizza toppings

-
Make mine a deep dish PMS pie. That's pepperoni, mushroom, sausage. Oh, and add extra cheese.

Pepperoni, sausage, ham, onion, green pepper on think crust

But IT MUST BE FRESH HAND TOSSED CRUST.

If you are going to get a frozen crust you might as well buy a frozen pizza at grocery and take it home and bake it. Taste about the same.

Domino's handmade pan pizzas are actually REALLY good!! I usually go with one of those, double or triple pepperoni, sometimes bacon. Top with either Kicker sauce or marinara.

However, the BEST is a Large stuffed-crust pep from Pizza Hut, with extra marinara because Pizza Hut's sauce is the best non-bacon foodstuff known to man!!!!!!!

And before all you pizza snobs from NYC and elsewhere come bitching about how "delivery pizza is NOT good pizza, and the only good pizza comes from <insert Italian name here>'s garage-converted-to-pizzeria in the middle of Queens, NY": I can't get <insert Italian name here> to deliver to El Paso, TX or Bismarck, ND. >:\

- CK

I like a good loaded pizza but no anchovies

Since our local pizza place fell down last January, mine are homemade more often than not in a 13x9 pan filled to the brim. They're sausage, pepperoni, Canadian bacon, diced ham, and a pound of mozzarella. The crust and sauce are family recipes. Here's what it looks like ready to go in the oven ...

View attachment 059 - Copy.jpg

... but for some reason I can never seem to get a picture of it baked before it's defiled. :-D

1/2 beef and green olive and 1/2 beef and onion. We also like Papa Murphy's "Perfect" (half pepperoni, half Canadian bacon/ pineapple)I also like Papa Murphys Chicken/bacon/ artichoke. tmm

Oh, put bacon on any of the above........................

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejx-AgokceQ"]Craig Ferguson - Pineapple on Pizza - YouTube[/ame]

@ video above:

Actually, a good pizza is the classic Hawaiian; Pineapple, canadian bacon ("ham" at Dominos), and black olives... Don't forget to use robust marinara sauce instead of hearty inspired tomato when ordering this from Dominos.

Sprinkle with parmesan, and it's deeeelicious!!! :)

- CK

Where to start....Chicken, Broccoli, Spinach Tomato Alfredo..Chili with Hamburg & Onion..Ham Salami onion..Spicy Chicken bacon..BBQ Chicken..Steak Pepper Onion..Hawaiian..Bacon Cheeseburger and
Combination Peppers, pepperoni, mushrooms, hamburger cheese onion. These are from the menu, but my local pizza shop will make just about any combination you want. The owner is a great guy "Tony" and he pretty much knows my voice. He calls me Mr. Peter. A slice is around $3-4. and is the size of a small or med (at some places) it feeds 2 people easily.

I load mine with every kind of meat and cheese I can get . But I don't do any rabbit food on my pies !

Pretty much anything but brocolli. I like brocolli, just not on pizza.

Lombardi's in New York makes arguably the best thin pizza in a coal oven.

Dang it, now I want pizza!!! Pepperoni, bacon and sausage for me, in copious quantities. Yummmmy!

My favorite kind of Pizza is from Dominos.
Also they have a cool online system where you can design you pizza the way you want it.
I usually get the following:

• Handtossed
  • BBQ Sauce instead of Tomato Sauce
  • Grilled Chicken
  • Bacon
  • Extra Cheese

That combo is so great! Taste super good too!
Give it a try.

I'll eat just about any pizza topping except fruit. Not a big fan of pineapple on my pizza.

Favorite way is to grille it.

Get the grille nice and hot and grille the crust. Saute the toppings in a cast iron pan over the coals, then put everything together, and back on the grille to melt the cheese. Everything has that nice smoke flavor...

Thin crust pizza. As long as the pepperoni cups up and holds the grease, every other topping is just window dressing......JMO

I'm a NY style pizza guy. As far as toppings go, lately I've been good with just plain cheese pizza, but I really like the traditional toppings. Sausage, pepperoni, anchovies, veggies...
I have eaten, but never order, pizza with chicken, or fruit, or BBQ or anything like that. Sorry, that's just not "pizza" any longer.

I also think that most chain store pizza places like Papa John's, Dominos, Pizza Hut, etc. serve what I refer to as a "Pizza-like Product". If you want "pizza", you need to go to the small, mom and pop type pizzerias.

Sorry, that's just my opinion. :dontknow:

My latest addiction has become Papa Murphy's 5 meat stuffed crust pizza. Large pizza for $11 that I can take home and bake myself. Feeds the two of us for a couple of meals!!

Anyone in the Iowa City area ever go to (or heard of) The Green Pepper?? Growing up in northwest Illinois, it was a road trip treat I only got to enjoy a couple of times but the memories have lasted for many years. Is it still open?

Another great store-bought favorite was Noble Roman's Sicilian-style pan pizza. I've seen commercials for the place since moving to Tennessee so I know they're still open but I haven't seen one for myself since I was a teenager.

My mom used to make calzones with Italian sausage and ricotta cheese...yum!!!

-
Back