Plasti dip.

-
Plasti dip? You mean the same stuff you dip pliers handles in? That's crazy.

My son has done 6 cars in Plasti dip now. He loves the stuff because he is NOT a painter. When he has a issue with a panel he just lets it dry and peels it off and sprays again. Remember this is not paint and will not last any where long as paint.

Michael

Wow Joe, I think I just found the product for my Ramcharger wheels The younggun with the cutlas on page 8 I believe (with the exhaust running out is fender) sure looks good as well, Thanks :coffee2: And Merry Christmas to you and yours this morning :color:

I've got plastidip on my wheels, my hood scoop, bumpers, headlight bezels, spoiler, all chrome trim, etc. The grille is actually in a super flat black paint. I like plastidip, but don't go rubbing on it too much. I've 'rubbed' it off the corners of the bumpers walking around the car in the garage, and it also failed where hot rubber was thrown on it for over a minute during a burnout competition. It touches up without much fuss, though.

I also had an extremely difficult time getting it to lay flat on the hood scoop. Had to pull it off the car and hang it up in order for it to lay flat (and not crinkle). I understand putting it through a paint gun with thinner vs using the spray can vastly improves that shortcoming.

IMG_12509_zps3c72fdf9.jpg

Kinda like plastic surgery for cars..we all know what happened to Mikey jackson...looks kool but the duribility factor would suck for the $$

I'm planning to Dip my entire car until saving enough money for a top quality paint job. The dip peels off and will surely look better than leaving it with several repair areas exposed along with the various nicks and scratches being seen. Already dipped the rims on my 911 and they look great covering up some road rash on the original (very expensive to replace) rims.

The main benefit is that you can do a color change very cheap, and easily, and if or when you want to go back, you can simply peel the dip off your car.

I don't believe dipping is a long term solution, but I think it can be one heck of good short term solution. Here's an example where I think it was an excellent choice, and remember, this guy only spent $150.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-general/3436225-plast-dipped-my-75-corvette.html

the duribility factor would suck for the $$

For a few hundred bucks tops?

I'd rather redip my car every six months at $200 (and change colors each time) than spend 2-3K (or more) on a traditional paint job (which, BTW, I'll NEVER be able to afford).

To each his own.

I find if you apply it and like it, spay on a paint colour choice after a day. You can clear it with your finish you want. I have it on my hood on my Ram. It was done over 3 years ago and gone through 3 winters in Ontario Canada. I tried to remove it and its a ***** when you cover it with paint and clear.JM2C

Well stated. If nothing else it can be a good interim solution while saving for the final paint job or just peeled and redone in various colors. within a short time the product will evolve to the point there will be "factory" original colors offered.

-
Back