plastic chroming

-

Surprise67GT

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Who does Plastic Chrome restoration? I want to get my armrest bases redone. Also, has anyone tried to restore their own anodized trim with good results? Thanks

To restore anodized trim, you need to first remove the old anodizing. Several post here on how to do that. Mine came out real nice. ,

I contacted a few place's that chrome plastic to get my ralley dash done but the turn around was 8 to 12 months every place I tried . I could not lay my car up that long .

My dad & I have bought some new ones & some times its cheeper or the same price. It is faster

If the OEM bezel has any damage at all to be repaired , the restore can cost more than the reproduction. If the upper brim is wavy, doesn't align to the dash pad, that doesn't change. They don't correct what they don't see and they certainly don't put a straight edge to it.
As for laying the car up, We have driven a 67 B'cuda without an inst' panel for a time. Only about 6 weeks but was our daily driver.

If the OEM bezel has any damage at all to be repaired , the restore can cost more than the reproduction. If the upper brim is wavy, doesn't align to the dash pad, that doesn't change. They don't correct what they don't see and they certainly don't put a straight edge to it.
As for laying the car up, We have driven a 67 B'cuda without an inst' panel for a time. Only about 6 weeks but was our daily driver.

you are correct I could drive the car without it without much trouble now that I think about it .

-
Back