Player1up's 73 Duster

-
See you went with a solid vs metalflake - looks great. As per our conversation at Mickey D's - "do it yourself and save"- not necessarily. Do it yourself (within your capabilities) and know it's done right, no one will take the care you will ! I bought a welder and "learnt" myself how to weld so I could do my own patches - very frustrating, warped panels, etc., but worth every bit of it. Guide coated and blocked over and over - but worth every bit of it. Latest fiasco - tore my engine down to see what I bought and - last joker turned the crank .010 BUT, used standard bearings on the rod journals ! Now I'm re-building it, it'll be right, and worth every bit of the frustration. The reward of being able to say "did such and such myself" is worth it all in the end as your finding out. You making any of the Turkey Run ?

Greg, all around outstanding duster. :thumblef: I guess that the method behind my madness was I had more time than money now that I think about it, and it took me a long time to learn to do an ok job.

Jon, Yeah solid color it is. much more forgiving. I also had a lot of those, fixing things that the previous guy had "fixed" type things. never take what's been done in the past at face value.

"runs and drives" = it will stay running if you floor it and drop into gear.
"straight body" = looks straight from 50 yrds.
"super straight body" = bondo is straight :lol:
"no rust" = I've covered it all up with fresh paint so you can't see what you're getting..

oh I could go on.. but I'm preachin to the choir :sign5:

-
Back