Playoff Hockey Pool

-
A major penalty for that hit on Pavelski. Seems kind of BS to me. He got knocked off balance and the second guy moving through to the point finished him off. There are worse cross checks every game in front of the net. The initial hit didn't cause the injury or the fall. To me that's a double minor at worst.

SJ got a huge gift IMO and capitalized

Totally agree, nothing flagrant or dirty that I saw. I knew after 1st goal they were in trouble.

**edit, just saw replay...agree on the double minor, he got whacked pretty good**
A major penalty for that hit on Pavelski. Seems kind of BS to me. He got knocked off balance and the second guy moving through to the point finished him off. There are worse cross checks every game in front of the net. The initial hit didn't cause the injury or the fall. To me that's a double minor at worst.

SJ got a huge gift IMO and capitalized

Last edited:
Well, for the Toronto fans, at least be happy that they are GETTING to the playoffs now. My Red Wings have gone back to being the Dead Wings of the 70's-80's. But, in sports fan-dom, hope springs eternal!

That's it for the Leafs for another year.
Gonna have to make some serious decisions.
Wasn't happy with Matthew's ice time in game 7. Unless he was playing injured.
Oh well time to start working on the Barracuda.

Totally agree, nothing flagrant or dirty that I saw. I knew after 1st goal they were in trouble.

**edit, just saw replay...agree on the double minor, he got whacked pretty good**

I thought vegas had a gripe until Marchessault opened his stupid yap. Saying they got robbed!!??
What an idiot. Bad call or not, the Vegas team gave that game away. Maybe try not letting in FOUR GOALS on a major penalty. Not to mention pissing away a 3-1 series lead. What an asshole crybaby.
As a Kings fan I can't stand the Sharts but they capitalized and the vegoons laid down and took it.
Let's go blue jackets!!!:lol:

Last edited:
I thought vegas had a gripe until Marchessault opened his stupid yap. Saying they got robbed!!??
What an idiot. Bad call or not, the Vegas team gave that game away. Maybe try not letting in FOUR GOALS on a major penalty. What an asshole crybaby.
As a Kings fan I can't stand the Sharts but they capitalized and the vegoons laid down and took it.
That being said, maybe the best hockey game this year. Pretty fun to watch.

Caps/Canes game 7. As a caps fan I'm nervous as a ***** in church. lol.
Hopefully one division winner moves on to second round in these crazy playoffs.

Very entertaining game. 3rd period and on anyway lol.
I understand Marchesault being upset. Watch the slowmo, took a stick across the chest, that's it. Now that I see it a 2minute penalty would be generous.
Easier said than done killing off a major penalty. Altho giving up 4 is incredible.
Whether Marchie is a baby or not, they were robbed. Pi$$ poor officiating(again).
What an idiot. Bad call or not, the Vegas team gave that game away. Maybe try not letting in FOUR GOALS on a major penalty. Not to mention pissing away a 3-1 series lead. What an asshole crybaby.

That being said, maybe the best hockey game this year. Pretty fun to watch.

Very entertaining game. 3rd period and on anyway lol.
I understand Marchesault being upset. Watch the slowmo, took a stick across the chest, that's it. Now that I see it a 2minute penalty would be generous.
Easier said than done killing off a major penalty. Altho giving up 4 is incredible.
Whether Marchie is a baby or not, they were robbed. Pi$$ poor officiating(again).

Yeah, I understand. It was a bad call but it was one call. To blame the series loss on one call is insane to me. Four goals on one power play and losing three games in a row???
I usually agree with you, but this seems excessive. Were they robbed in games five and six too?

I get your point, yes up 3-1, should be a no brainer lock down.
A bad call on a 2 minute or 4 minute is one thing, but on a major?
And they were all square after 60 so they both had equal opportunity.
I'm a Leafs fan, but was hoping for Vegas in that series. Never liked Sharts. Joe Thornton....same.
Hope tonight's as entertaining!
Yeah, I understand. It was a bad call but it was one call. To blame the series loss on one call is insane to me. Four goals on one power play and losing three games in a row???
I usually agree with you, but this seems excessive. Were they robbed in games five and six too?

The Major call was more agregious than the cross check. Putting LV in that situation for a routine cross check was BS. Yeah Vegas sucked on that PK. They shouldn't have been a man short for 5 minutes either. Just because someone gets hurt doesn't constitute a major. Vegas should have at worst got a double minor. Sharts score, one minor gone, score again, no longer on the PK. Score then is 3-2. Rotten call no matter what Jones on nbcsn said about the call. The Sharts were jacked up after Pavelski got carted off too.

If that call sets a precedent in the league, I fully expect a bunch of faking knocked out dudes laying on the ice when they get hit by the boards with a questionable check, cross check. Fricken full on soccer style flailing.

More bad officiating in playoff games. Seems to be a trend in all sports anymore.

Pretty good game Canes look to be the better team in OT.

-
Back