Please allow myself to introduce myself

-

jjj0923

Reaction score
My name is Jeff and I live in Northern MD, near the Delaware border. I recently purchased a 71 Duster Pro Street car with a blown (871 blower) 340.

The car is OK and a real screamer but myself and a buddy of mine are making it a lot better right now with a lot of nice upgrades.

here are a few pics.

carbs are off it right now as we unplumb the horrible NOS install, but she'll be rockin big time in about 3 weeks - just in time to do some winter burnouts for Santa and his elves.

more to follow as work progresses.

jeff

d3.jpg

DUSTER INSIDE.jpg

DUSTER MOTOR (2).jpg

DUSTER REAR (2).jpg

DUSTER SIDE FULL.jpg

r1.jpg

it's got a narrowed 4 link Dana 60 (5:13) rear - tires are 15 x 15. I hate these rims. I'm ordering some deep disk 'classic' Crager Mags for the front and rear. Car is tubbed.

The ugly cheap seats are going too and getting replaced with something nicer. Shifter is now gone and has been replaced with a new Hurst short throw.

the ugly fuel pump hangin down is gone too and replaced with a nice aeromotive unit.

DUSTER UNDER REAR (3).jpg

the horrible looking appendage under the front bumper is gone too. that was an electric water pump. The position of the blower belt would not allow a mechanical or electric water pump to be mounted on the front of the engine - we have since removed it and made the necessary spacing changes to mount the water pump on the front of the engine. Previous owner did his best to build the car on the cheap and at least he didn't hack it up and the tubbing is very nicely done. I think he had fallen on hard times and was simply doing his best on a limited budget finishing the car.

Color is 97 Dodge Moss Green - I love the car - nothing like a Pro Street car with a stick. The MT streets have no traction at all, so it's a snap to light'em up in any of the 4 gears.

xx2.jpg

Welcome aboard, wow that Duster of yours is a monster, how much horsepower is that beast unleashing or will be unleashing?

Welcome aboard, wow that Duster of yours is a monster, how much horsepower is that beast unleashing or will be unleashing?

I don't have any dyno sheets, but with 5 lbs of boost my best guess is that it's around 500 to 550 hp. The great thing about the roots type supercharger is that it makes lots of power even at low rpms which makes punching the gas pedal a lot of fun.

I don't have any dyno sheets, but with 5 lbs of boost my best guess is that it's around 500 to 550 hp. The great thing about the roots type supercharger is that it makes lots of power even at low rpms which makes punching the gas pedal a lot of fun.

Yes I can imagine how fun it must be, good luck with the upgrading process and keep those pics coming!!

Nice Duster bro. Welcome aboard. I would guess that you're being a little modest with your HP estimates tho! Anyway light er up for santa and get some of those bluecrabs while you still can.

Thanks for the info, you have a nice ride there. Let us know if you get it on a rear wheel dyno. I think your estimate was a little on the modest side as well! Enjoy!

great looking duster, something about a blown smallblock makes you want one yourself. please update with progress and time slips. good luck:D

I bet my slant six duster could take you LOL Man that is one bad *** looking duster you need to make it street legal and pull up to some dumbass in a camaro or mustang at a stoplight that would be entertaining. Nice car man. Justin

Nice !!! What is the car parked in the garage beside the Duster ???

Nice !!! What is the car parked in the garage beside the Duster ???

time slips - we'll see how straight she runs when we get done before heading over to the strip. I only live 3 miles from Cecil County Dragway.

The car parked next to be in the garage is my friends 69 Mustang. It's getting the full treatment, tubbed, new front frame, etc. He's got a 460 intercooled blower motor to drop into it. It should be done by the beginning of next summer.

ps: that hood is coming off and I'm waiting on a f/b flat hood from aar right now. the blower and carbs will show a lot more with the flat hood installed. the scoop is being replaced with a low profile butterfly style scoop for a new look.

You probably live close to my brother, he's in Rising sun Maryland right across from the Cecil County Dragway.
I was up there a couple weeks ago and heard the cars all weekend, but did not have time to go visit the track..doh.
I suppose you spend alot of time there right?

Wicked car dude.

I bet my slant six duster could take you LOL Man that is one bad *** looking duster you need to make it street legal and pull up to some dumbass in a camaro or mustang at a stoplight that would be entertaining. Nice car man. Justin

she's street legal all right and even has Maryland Street Rod Vanity plates entitled "Duster" on the way.

You probably live close to my brother, he's in Rising sun Maryland right across from the Cecil County Dragway.
I was up there a couple weeks ago and heard the cars all weekend, but did not have time to go visit the track..doh.
I suppose you spend alot of time there right?

Wicked car dude.

We used to live in Rising Sun only one mile from the track. We're now a few miles away and I was at the track this afternoon getting the Nitrous Bottle filled for the car. It was a hopping place today with hardly any breeze, sunny and temps in the low 50's. The cool crisp air was great the engines and there were a few beautiful duster at the track. I would have hung around but my lawn was begging to be cut for what will hopefully be the last time this year.

Welcome jjj0923!!
Sure looks like allot of car and looking forward to you new post.:D
Hope you enjoy this great site, And keep us updated.

Nice ride sir, I would pay for a ride around the block!:toothy1:

Welcome aboard! Nice ride.
The one wild thing about the roots superchargers is boost doesn't come on slow like a turbo. Oh no! It is a full on hit. WHAM! No waiting.

-
Back