Please be careful and check those jack stands one more time

-

Back in Time

Reaction score
Just got word a very close friend of mine in Colorado lost his life last night while working on his race car. Car fell on him and crushed him.Please do one last check on those stands before you get under that car. R.I.P. Kent....until we meet in the Drag Strip in the sky.Kent is in the near lane at this years Mile Hi Nationals in Denver.
Kent at 2016 Mile Hi's.jpg

R.I.P. Kent. Very sorry for your loss Back in Time.

My condolences to you and all who have suffered this tragic loss.

Real sorry for the loss of your friend. May he rest in peace.

Very thoughtful of you to post this as a reminder.

Real sorry for the loss of your friend. May he rest in peace.

Very thoughtful of you to post this as a reminder.
terrible accident ! sad. -------where have I seen that car before? -------- I`m all alone working on my car, no one around. it`s always a pain in the *** to get it up in the air high enough to work on it. but after I get it up there I always put blocks under the tires where they have a little pressure on them too. sure makes it more stable .

My condolences .

FWIW
I always have a fail safe when working under the car. If I have the wheels off I stick them under the rockers so if the jack stands failed or toppled the weight of the vehicle could only drop so far.
I also give it a shake to make sure everything is stable. Always afraid an earthquake will happen when I'm right in the middle of something while underneath the car.Be safe people.

My condolences, I had an uncle that was crushed/killed (before I was born) when he was using a milk crate!!
I also put the tires under the rockers, but still nervous under there.
Be safe.
RIP Kent

Thank You for putting my brain in check. I have been a little careless at times.
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, I'm sure you have fond memories that will live forever. Take Care, Sir.

That is truly a tragedy for all involved. Sorry for your loss.

terrible accident ! sad. -------where have I seen that car before? -------- I`m all alone working on my car, no one around. it`s always a pain in the *** to get it up in the air high enough to work on it. but after I get it up there I always put blocks under the tires where they have a little pressure on them too. sure makes it more stable .

I was sorta thinkin the same thing. I feel like I have seen it before too.

man that's rough
I cant imagine being the one to find him (or did it happen in a crowded area, like a pits?)
shoot, that might be even worse, to see it happen and not be able to help

truly sorry to hear this

Jeez.. And I think about that every time I get under one of my cars. Im gotta start checking my placements on jack stands now and doing the shake test as well as having a fail safe to be sure everything is safe. So sorry for your loss. Rest in peace Kent

RIP, Kent.

I bought a new pair of Pittsburgh stands from Harbor Freight a few months back.

Under $30.....cheap insurance....furthermore, make sure you make your kids use them when they're working on their cars!! I've threatened mine with violence if I catch them under there without stands....

good God - brutal stuff.. very sorry to hear of the loss and my sympathies to all who were close to him.
For me, if the wheels and tires don't have to come off to accomplish the task at hand, I use ramps under which ever end I am working on. If I have to use stands on all 4 corners, I shake the hell out of the car after it's up on them.. push on the bumpers, grab them and shake the car side to side and back and forth. I will also leave the floor jacks in place if they are not totally in the way, not so they are lifting up on anything, but jacked up and against some part the car.

good God - brutal stuff.. very sorry to hear of the loss and my sympathies to all who were close to him.
For me, if the wheels and tires don't have to come off to accomplish the task at hand, I use ramps under which ever end I am working on. If I have to use stands on all 4 corners, I shake the hell out of the car after it's up on them.. push on the bumpers, grab them and shake the car side to side and back and forth. I will also leave the floor jacks in place if they are not totally in the way, not so they are lifting up on anything, but jacked up and against some part the car.

I do all of this as well, and am super careful everytime I jack something up! I am usually alone when im working on something and am very diligent about this!!

RIP Kent, may God bless his family and friends with peace and comfort in their hearts during this time!!!

I was sorta thinkin the same thing. I feel like I have seen it before too.

I Think I may have posted it on here in a thread somewhere before. On the rear deck is a photo of his Dad and Uncle who were WW2 Fighter Pilots and another Uncle who was shot down. The car was wrapped to look light a fighter plane from that time.

Last edited:
-
Back