Please discuss the following CL ad...curious as to what people here think

-
He was a total jerk. Said its a late build 73, titled as a 73. Says he has forgotten more than I've learned in his 30 years of restoring and selling Mopars, including some for $60k, says it is still original because everything done to it can be undone, so on and so on. I replied that is love to see the VIN and fender tag. Doubt I'll hear back from him...

he might have alzheimers..the scoops do suck!it does look good though.i have heard(not seen)that some very late 73 built cars had fillers and big rear bumpers.i looked again and could not find any ovary spray...looks like a survivor body and interior at the very least...and cool it's got a 340 and 8.75....

with all the other stuff misrepresented, I would be hard pressed to believe it is a 400hp 340, if its a 340 at all.

JOE

i could have stopped and looked at for you if i would have know was there two days ago!

He was a total jerk. Said its a late build 73, titled as a 73. Says he has forgotten more than I've learned in his 30 years of restoring and selling Mopars, including some for $60k, says it is still original because everything done to it can be undone, so on and so on. I replied that is love to see the VIN and fender tag. Doubt I'll hear back from him...

Can you say a$$hole? Predictable from the ad.
Buy from this type and you get what you deserve.

This is is latest response after I told him I stood by what I said and told him I was curious about the VIN and fender tag.

do not bother me ,with this ,the only thing iam curious about is you think you are a expert this is a nice entry level car that will flat out beat anything runs 1290's on street tires and gets 20 mpg people bring me there cars from as far as texas to restore and tune them so yah I get pissed off by arm chair *** holes that don't have have my knowledge or god given talent and iam highly respected in the mopar world and restored over a hundred b bodys

alone and had 6 mopar nats wins for best of show and paint so be happy driving your 63 Biscayne with a 6 and three on the tree you are a *** the smartest thing that you have said yet if I had the chance I would knock you on your *** go
F-bomb your self

Wow, I am 20 minutes from this guy. I thought is was a decent looking car except for the scoops but probably about $2K high for this area. I should bring my 6'2" 290lbs over and see if I get that same response when I ask him some questions in person.

If you have to tell people you're good...your'e NOT good!

Great salesman, too.

i looked again and could not find any ovary spray...looks like a survivor body and interior at the very least...and cool it's got a 340 and 8.75....

Um... Nevermind. Not gonna touch it.

Anyway, to get back on point, it's ***-clowns like this that are ruining this hobby. And I ain't even been in it that long!

What a pompeous a-hole! I'm a couple miles from this "genius". Hope I never run into him!

lipstick on a pig. Wonder how much bondos hiding in it. Some reason he didnt say repaint.

Wow, I am 20 minutes from this guy. I thought is was a decent looking car except for the scoops but probably about $2K high for this area. I should bring my 6'2" 290lbs over and see if I get that same response when I ask him some questions in person.

I'd give you gas money if you can get it on video... Preferably if you can borrow a slammed primered Civic to drive over there...
Guys like this ruined the hobby years ago for many that would now be enthusiasts.

i agree,if you need to state you're good,you're probably not.he seems like a real dickballs.

Its called asking price and selling what you were sold. Probably hasn't had the car for very long. Bought having dreams and realized a 40 year old car wasn't for them.

The guy I bought it from told me it was an experimental 340 hemi, so I'm just passing that along. I probably know a lot more than you about Mopars anyway. He also told me the title was OK now.

Looks to me like a decent car for a decent price if he was upfront and honest about it , but I would take a real close look at it before I even told him how much I had in my pocket to offer , my biggest concern is the shot of the lower quarter , I've never seen a clean oe paneled car with what looks a lot like broken fiberglass and ragged Kitty hair points along the edge , I suspect his clean bodied car has several buckets of filler in it .

It's a pretty cool cruiser for a '74 Dart, but the guy is a cackwagon either way. The car has way too many mods to call it original, and what is restored about it? It's either original or it's restored. Even if it is original paint (I have my suspicions), it just has a whole bunch of mods to it. There's nothing "restored" about that.

Personally, I wouldn't buy anything from a cack like this, good deal or not. Guys like that can't be trusted at all, so I wouldn't trust a thing about any car he has.

Restored 100 B-bodies my a$$.

his is rare opportunity to buy a unrestored mopar,58,000 actual miles, body ,interior,paint are factory original ,the only change that has been made out came the 318 ,in goes a new rare hp 1971 340

so what exactly is unmolested about that thing..

1) its a beak car
2) its got the bad rear end. you can't just change the front clip out and have a good looking car. you have to do major surgery to get rid of the rear end of that thing.
3) bumble bee stripes don't look good on those year cars
4) the cheap pep boys scoops look stupid
5) supposed to be unmolested but the 318 is gone and a 340 is in its place. nothing unmolested about that. what else is the seller bullshitting about?

its priced way too high. i have a friend that has a true unmolested 74 dart wearing original paint original 318 and a sunroof that he can't get anywhere close to that for it. been for sale for a couple years now..

See, personally, I'd rather have a truly unmolested 74 Dart, original paint (even if it's brown or baby poo green) than a molested car (those hood scoops are the worst I've ever seen on a Mopar) like this red one. Then it's just an old car in great condition, which is cool.

This car is grossly misrepresented. The tail lights and steering wheel are '74 items. Since the Cragars were offered in '65 as a factory option, they're original, right?

Besides the 73-74 thing, the rear axle claims are problematic. The rear wheels clearly use the 4-inch bolt pattern. For the car to be un-restored, the car must be an original drum brake six-cylinder car. The rear springs look the part of a /6. I don't have a reference point I can identify, but the axle tube looks small (2.75 in.). The 8.75 inch rear end uses a 3-inch tube. Further, the 8.75 was not offered on '74 models. The evidence points to this being a 7¼-inch rear end (8¼ uses a 3-inch tube). A 3.55:1, 7¼-inch would be a very rare animal indeed.

Caveat emptor! (Let the buyer beware. Latin)

No, he seems completely straightforward about the fact that it was a 318, now it's a 340.

It could be as easy as a title mistake. I've seen that many times. And I still don't see any area that has red overspray.

So have I. Heck, the DMV sent the previous owner of my scooter (a 2007) registration paperwork stating it was a 2010! (Yet the TITLE was 2007...gotta love indifferent incompetence.)

He knows more than anyone on here by the sound of his ad/replies. He must have been Ma Mopars other half. I wouldn't waste anymore time on his ad than it would take to flag it.

-
Back