please help identify tail lights

-

mrdjc99

Reaction score
I drove 6 hours to pick up this car. Was told it was a 71 duster 340. Drove it 6 hours straight back to get under it and find its a 318 with edlebrock intake and carb also dual exhaust and headers. A little pissed but I didn't even notice the tail lights until today. I've never recognized them can anyone help?
IMG_20130716_201553_277.jpg

Damn things look like '70 Belvedere/ Satellite to me................

DSC_0023.JPG

Jus' tell everybody it's that "overseas export" model, LOL

I drove 6 hours to pick up this car. Was told it was a 71 duster 340. Drove it 6 hours straight back to get under it and find its a 318 with edlebrock intake and carb also dual exhaust and headers. A little pissed but I didn't even notice the tail lights until today. I've never recognized them can anyone help?
IMG_20130716_201553_277.jpg
I'd be pissed....

I mean changing tail panel isn't to hard.. Is definitely be pissed to find it was a 318 hope you didn't pay 340 money for it

I think the tail lights look cool. They work and loom clean I couldn't figure how they did it no bon do and it seems to be one long piece. I didn't pay 340 prices which is why I scooped it up. To good to be true.

Yeah advertised as a 71 but when I got there I decoded the vin and realized it was a 72 original straight 6 manual. So I know it was modified. Now to search and make sure it was done correct.

Why does it say "HOT" on the window?

Is it stolen?

Does the engine run hot?

Is it hot inside because the windows don't work?

The heater won't shut off?

There's a large hole in the firewall?

It's supposed to be "quick" AKA "hot?"

Or is it allegedly a "Hot deal?"

Hope you got a good buy.

I didn't know much about dusters. I went in pretty retarded. Still happy with my purchase. Just not the 318 but it sounds sweet

as long as you got a clean title and that crap wipes off the door...

It looks cross eyed with those tail lights in it.
I would change the tail panel and install '70 or '71 style tail lights in it if it were mine.
Not too hard of a change.

mods dont matter really. dusters are not worth big money like '68 chargers or '70 cudas

if the sheet metal is in good shape you probably got a good deal.

those tail lights look kinda cool actually lol

Come on guys, is this any way to welcome a new member by "you got ripped off..."?

Sure, he should have done some research before buying, or posting here and asking about Dusters, but he didn't.

His car is not that bad. Especially if the sheet metal is solid. He's got something to work with.

mrdjc99 - Sure, it isn't what you thought it was, but you got a decent car to play with. You can always find a 340 or 360 to build how you want and swap in there. You have a nice canvas to start with, so make with it what you can. If you need any advice or info, just post up and usually someone here can help you.

-
Back