PLEASE HELP.... U Joint Problem !!!! Please I wanna Drive my car:)

-

Dash8264

Reaction score
Okay Guys so Her we Go I bought a 1967 Valiant Signet With a Fresh 360 and a 904 Trans. The car had the Wrong u joints in it and the caps were all coming off cause the Original owner was a smuck so each ujoint only had three clips in them cause the u joint was to long. So I have Baught 2 diffrent sets of you joints from napa and there all just to long and I cant get the last clip in. I have Tried Napa part 316, 315 they said they dont have anything smaller then that. I dont Know what to do were to look or what I need. I just bought this car and im dying to drive it Please if you have any info please let me know.

Take the drive shaft and joint to a good machine shop they will put it in for you.

Okay Guys so Her we Go I bought a 1967 Valiant Signet With a Fresh 360 and a 904 Trans. The car had the Wrong u joints in it and the caps were all coming off cause the Original owner was a smuck so each ujoint only had three clips in them cause the u joint was to long. So I have Baught 2 diffrent sets of you joints from napa and there all just to long and I cant get the last clip in. I have Tried Napa part 316, 315 they said they dont have anything smaller then that. I dont Know what to do were to look or what I need. I just bought this car and im dying to drive it Please if you have any info please let me know.
You know-maybe you should take it to someone that has a clue about what will work and what will not.If this is just ONE problem it may be alright to fix just one.But if this is just one of many fixes like this-do you really want to rip on it?????

Take the drive shaft and joint to a good machine shop they will put it in for you.

X2
If the right joints aren't installed right its a waste of time and money.
Can be dangerous too.
My guess is someone beat the crap out of the loops and closed them together a tad.

put up pics, the detail of your issue makes very little sense to give you a answer to your issue.

I want to see the weld yoke and end yoke , i'll tell you what you need.

Fill in your profile so people can direct you to a place in that area...

I wondering if it has the right shaft, ect , if it has the shaft in it when the car was new should take 315g precision. And if you never installed u joints before , should have a vise and they do shove hard at times , but the yoke could be burred a bit.

One more thing to make sure of is that a needle bearing did not fall out and is between the cap and cross.

I wondering if it has the right shaft, ect , if it has the shaft in it when the car was new should take 315g precision. And if you never installed u joints before , should have a vise and they do shove hard at times , but the yoke could be burred a bit.

Everytime someone who has never done it changes, or attempts to change their own they wreck their shaft.

I always wonder when they could have come into the shop and most joints installed are $25 (not the china style either), but instead they go to the parts store buy junk and wreck there shaft and at the least need a new tube and weld yoke.. In the detroit case as are these shafts, usually results in a complete new shaft

If you have no clue see a shop that specializes in what you need.

I got it figured out the Dumb Dumb Machanic didnt press them in right. LOL

-
Back