Please Help!

-

72_Durstya

Reaction score
I live in Ontario Canada and I've been pricing the factory 360 Ci 390 HP short block crate engine but I can't seem to find any Canadian price listings. Is there anyone that knows what they go for and how much the extra cost come to like shipping and brokers fee etc... Or even a website that suppllies the info I am looking for thanx!

360 short block.jpg

Why not build a regular 360? there's lots of articles in all of the latest mopar mags. The crate engines are good, but you can probably build a conventional 360 for less money and it will be less hassle, unless you can't find a good machine shop near you. cores should be easy to find, and just phone edelbrock etc. for a combo and you might be surprised!

Why not build a regular 360? there's lots of articles in all of the latest mopar mags. The crate engines are good, but you can probably build a conventional 360 for less money and it will be less hassle, unless you can't find a good machine shop near you. cores should be easy to find, and just phone edelbrock etc. for a combo and you might be surprised!

Well I have considered doing that as well as the 318 stroker build but I've come to the conclusion that where I live the machining and magnaflux etc would come close to if not more then the cost of the shortblock, then theres all the performance upgrade parts so thats why I decided to go with the shortblock. Plus the shortblock has 390 HP witch is real close to what i want 400-425HP. The shortblock is around $1,400 usd so I think that would be close to $1,700 cnd, I already have 360 J heads and an Edlebrock LD 340 intake so you can see why it's a good way to go for me.

The point is, you know the parts and the work are what you want. "cost effective" in an engine means do you get what you wanted after paying for it. not "can I get everything I need for less money". I'm not saying you're cheap. Just trying to point out the difference. Crate engines from MP has demonstrated a rather poor record when judged by being "cost effective". They are cheaper, but you run a pretty good risk of not getting what you wanted for tthe $ spent. My .02 anyway....

-
Back