Please post pic of your kick down linkage....

-

Chryslerkid

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Can you please post pics of your kick down linkage setup both at the carburetor side as well as the transmission side? I have a 318/727/7.25 drivetrain in a 71 dart. I am in the process of putting back my stock throttle linkage with an aftermarket kick down(cable) linkage. Will this work? Or do i need both cable driven or both hard linkage setup to make it work? Thanks yall! Again i would love to see pics of how you guys setup your linkage and kick downs thanks in advance for the help!

Here is my set up

Attachments

• Picture 1237.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 553
  • Picture 1238.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 532
  • Picture 1239.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 527
Cool very nice setup. Anyone have an edelbrock carburetor setup with cable driven lockdown linkage pics??? Thanks!

no pics and its rainging go the easy route Lokar. u buy the kickdown cable and throttle cable with the bracket very nice and clean setup I went with steel braided cus I thought it was better looking then the blk.

Here's mine up top.

I don't have a good of the tranny side

Attachments

• Lokar03 (Medium).jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 450
  • DSCF2941 (Medium).jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 457
I have a lokar style kick down linkage and bracket but I was really wondering if I could run that cable driven kick down with a stock throttle cable? I guess I can always go buy a lokar throttle cable also but was wondering if the two can be mixed and matched?

Nice setups guys! I see that most of you are not mixing and matching cable and stock linkages.....? Hmmmm. I guess ill either have to buy a lobar throttle linkage setup, or put back my old kick down linkage..... What do you guys think?

Get the lokar and never look back. Jphnny dart that sure is clean, makes me sick. I thought mine was nice but it dont make a pimple on your ***.

Will do! Does anyone else have a good shot of their cable driven kicdown linkage setup on the transmission side? Thanks!

Anyone know if i need a new gas pedal, if i go to all lokar cable driven linkage?

no pics and its rainging go the easy route Lokar. u buy the kickdown cable and throttle cable with the bracket very nice and clean setup I went with steel braided cus I thought it was better looking then the blk.

Curious, do you need the lokar pedal as well? Or will the stock pedal work???

Any idea which throttle pin adapter I need for a carter AVS 600??? I do have and decided to use the Lokar kick down and throttle cable. Have the bracket, just not sure which adapter to put on the carb? I've looked at summit but they're not very specific?
Thanks.
jim

Well, it seems I don't have the lower ear? I did order a throttle adapter #1481
We'll see if that does it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 247
I have a 650 Thunder Edie on my 340. I have had a lot of trouble with my throttle opening all the way and my kickdown not working. I finally got it adjusted, to where it opens more and now my kick down works, but it is still not opening all the way. It seems like the Edie throttle arm has to much range. Will this Edie 1841 adapter help mine. I don't have the adapter on my lokar set up. Thanks!

Dad n I used the eddy 1481 adapter on his setup. His was stock 273 4bbl with the eddy 1406 carb and stock kickdown

Sweet, okay now I am getting somewhere. I feel my Edelbrock carb has a funky throwback/arc to. I don't think I can go full throttle, because it is almost like the throttle arm wants to go back and down. I was wondering if this fitting fixed that. I told a friend about my issues and that's the first thing he asked if I had the adapter lever. Thanks, anybody else?

-
Back