-
Status
Not open for further replies.

stimpy

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
My wife bought me this car years ago as a project car. Unfortunately I was injured and dont have the ability or income to work on it, and in addition our landlord has entered into negotiations with his bank for a Short Sale. So we have to move, and it will be hard enough to find a place for our pets, much less the albatross that my Dart has become.

The good: 1975 Dart Swinger. Last of the Swingers, it has many one year only improvements. But I am sure that the Mopar Cogniscenti are well aware of the improvements. Front wheel disc brakes, have new pads and rotors, bearings repacked. Tires have less then 1000 miles, no visible dry rot, car has been parked on the north side of the house stating in shade most of the time. Interior is good. dash was trimmed for aftermarket 80's tape deck, but not horribly. Dash pad good, back seat immmaculate, drivers seat needs reupholstery on the bottom. Carpeting good, door panels uncut. Interior is green.
V8 engine. 318 with +- 102,000 miles. replaced plugs. Ran fine when I parked it,turns over fine, havent driven it for about 5 years. Factory AC, (needs recharge, but compressor wheel turns) power steering, interior lighting package, functional "Fuel Pacer" light.
All the glass is in good condition, minimal chipping and no cracks on the windshield, Factory tint.
Front fenders and doors have some repairable wear, hood and rear decklid are in very good condition. Tail lights are good, no cracks. Front grill and headlight bezels are perfect. Bumpers are unbent but rusty. can be replated. All 4 hubcaps are there.

The bad. This car came fully equipped with Mopar rust. The car is from Washington and apparently driven very little in the snow, but parked under pine trees which dropped needles on the car, rusting through the tops of the rear fenders and around the front and rear glass. Floor appears to be solid, although I have not pulled back the carpet all the way. Trunk floor is solid, has a couple of small holes on the sides, but plenty of solid sheetmetal to donate to another build.

The ugly.
I never got this car titled in my name. The kid I bought it from sent me his Washington title, but I never took the car for the CHP inspection to get tags in my name. So this car is sold as a parts car only. I promise that I did not come about the car dishonestly, and I do have a bill of sale and the Washington title in the PO's name, but I do not have the time or interest at this point to pursue getting California title in my name. If the buyer wishes to take on that challenge, I wish them well in the process. But again, bring a trailer because this car is sold as a parts car only.

I need to sell this car quickly. It is located in Salinas California in my driveway, and we need it to be gone. I have over $1500 in it, I would hope that a fair price for it would be around $900. I will make the deal with the first person who shows up at my house with cash and a trailer. No BSers please. If I am way out of line on the price, please PM me and I will happily adjust the asking price. Please dont post your disapproval of my asking price in the thread, especially when you have no interest or ability to buy at any price. I am open to all sincere and legitimate offers. Thank you.

Jeffery Stillwell
Please contact me via PM. I will also be monitoring this thread for questions or replies. Thank you to the admins for their patience.

img_3794.jpg

img_3793.jpg

img_3786.jpg

img_3734.jpg

img_3788.jpg

The pics are older, but condition is basically same. Vinyl roof and chrome trim have been remove, chrome trim is included in the trunk

That title issue you seem to think is a big deal, really isn't in CA. Don't even need to get the CHP involved. Just needs a VIN verification which can be done at any DMV or AAA if you are a member. Having the Washington title is definitely good.

Good luck with the sale.

Thanks for the voice of experience. I hope whomever buys it will be able to easily fill that need. Unfortunately with no income due to my injury the cost to pay for registration including.missed years would be prohibitive, and I am still stuck with having to find a place to work on it. I haven't the talent or ability to tackle this kind of bodywork, hopefully someone who can will make a nice home for it.

I know that bumping one's thread is not permitted. That is not my intent, however is this thread in the right section? Should I be posting this in "Cars for Sale" instead? If a moderator would move it to a more appropriate section it may find a better fit?

I can report that the engine turns freely, although I have yet to get it started I do believe that it could be back in running order quickly with a talented set of hands and a flexible back.

"but I do not have the time or interest at this point to pursue getting California title in my name"......I am guessing California.......

I have sent messages back to two individuals about this car with my phone number, and have received no further contact from anyone. I am about to call and see what I can get for scrap. I have turned down no offers, I need to see this car gone. I don't understand this forum's issue with phone numbers being posted, but please check your messages and mail if you want this, and please use the phone number included in my messages to call ,e before the opportunity slips by for this V8 Swinger.

I'd love to have the car but live in Indiana and don't have anyway to get it here. Do you have any suggestions how I could get here.

The car went away on a trailer. Apparently CraigsList is a better media for selling cars. Less then 24 hours after listing an ad on CL it is the proud possession of a new owner. Apparently they are going to make a lowrider out of it. I've never seen a mopar lowrider with hydraulics before, but it should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back