Please sign...

-
I did and so did many of my friends and then some. Hoping !

Thanks....and please keep signing...and get your friends and family to as well....PLEASE!!

Done, I was hoping to come up this summer with the Demon, make a few passes & visit some friends.

Signed with a peace of my mind and I know it could have been better but I got a little passionate and just blurted out a thing or two.

I said;

Because I know first hand, seeing the effects of street racing, people who die in the race as well as spectate when there used to be several track here on Long Island. Slowly, businesses that supported the racers and therefore the track and track employees who now own no job or income or hobby to attend, have folded there doors and left the state. Many leaving for the southern states where tracks are plentiful & there Presence and business or welcome.

For some it is a hobby, for some it is an Obsession to race, for others it is there way of living and who they earn a living. You may look at a race track as a small amount of people your displacing, but that small pebble creates a wave that effects others. Some, not even directly or remotely connected.

I urge everyone to a second thought to this possible action of what is not, NOT, a simple track closure.
There must be a safe place to race. The street is not it. The back alleys are not it. The side roads, the Hwy. straights, the industrial parks hidden in the corners outside of town and yes, maybe even your quite street.

Should you think that racing illegally won’t become and underground movement and wide spread, your only fooling yourselves and endangering people on the streets, of every street, at anytime of day or night. Young, old, children on bikes, playing in the streets, riding bikes, and others driving there car. Innocently driving to work, pick up kids from school or bring a loved one to the doctor hit and killed by ex-race track racers that are starving for a place to be instead of gambling on hitting someone and killing them or themselves.

The pebble thrown in the water creates ripples.
Sometimes those ripples become waves.
Sometimes those waves are huge and Devastating.

Thanks for your time in reading this and please! Carefully consider the possible ramifications.
Please do your due diligence in homework or other places that have lost a race track, for whatever reason.

Long Island had many tracks and a rich racing story that is now near dead.

Feel free to contact me.

Thank you again, Robert Cooke Jr.

Done, I was hoping to come up this summer with the Demon, make a few passes & visit some friends.
Thanks. If you do end up here this summer please do let me know...
81678511_2541445009433961_7520627089804886016_o.jpg

-
Back