Plug recommendation please

-

dart6

Reaction score
I have a 451BB, 10.5CR, edelbrock heads, 550 lift hyd roller, firecore disi and revenator street driven. I don't know which spark plugs to use and what size gap to set

Thx

I have a 451BB, 10.5CR, edelbrock heads, 550 lift hyd roller, firecore disi and revenator street driven. I don't know which spark plugs to use and what size gap to set

Thx

Edelbrock instructions say to use the Champion RC12YC plug. (Back in the old days when I ran a data center we would tell users to RTFM)

I am running E3 plugs in my modified 340. I am very pleased with them. If you are leaning towards a conventional plug, I have always used Autolite plugs.

I am running E3 plugs in my modified 340. I am very pleased with them. If you are leaning towards a conventional plug, I have always used Autolite plugs.

X2 Watch the Autolites. They might convert to a colder number. You might chase a engine running issue because the heat range is too cold. Been down that road. tmm

We were putting together a similar combo but a 512. We went with the Champion RJ12YC's. Because we were running an MSD controller we gapped ours at .045. I'm not too familiar with the Firecore distributor but unless you're running an amped up spark I'd probably set the gap at .035.

-
Back