Plug Wires

-

69PSSWINGER

Reaction score
which wires would you guys reccomend that are a good quality & will work well with the 340 HI-PO manifolds ? thanks

Most any plug wire you buy today will be of temp resistant material.
8MM wire wont fit many of the stock wire looms but 7MM will.

Rule of thumb is the less resistance in the wire the better it will be for performance. Though getting the lowest resistance isn't a mandatory thing, it helps.
Also, thickness helps. You'll not need more than 8mm. Factory is 7mm I think and it is plenty for the task at hand in most cases.
I myself allways cut my own wires to length and route them how I like them to be. Purchaseing cutom length sets is a normal thing for me. A good crimper is needed for good results. I happen to have a MSD crimper.

A nice sunny day, a cold beer/coke or coffee and I'll just take my time routing them.

If you want high performance wires:

MSD 8.5 Super Conductor wires in black.

Part #31303 Small Block Chrysler.

Plastic wire loom's can be filed out with ease to fit the 8.5's.

For performance cant go wrong here !!!!!

If you want the factory 340 replacements:

Mopar Performance part # P4529797

I like Jacobs wire with the lifetime warranty. I have had them since 94 and replaced the whole set probably 3 times with no argument from them. I even got individual wires from time to time from header melting them. I think I paid 80 dollars back then and I think they are cheaper now.

Thanks for all of the info. Looks like well,I don't know which ones to go with.Guess it is personal preference. THANKS AGAIN

FyreWyres....little pricey but I agree w/ Adam on this one. They look stock but can be custom made for your application however you want. They are replacing my ugly 7mm Accel wires that stick out like a sore thumb...

-
Back