Plug Wires

-

fishman

Reaction score
Im going to be finishing this motor up soon. Wanted some input on plug wires. Its a 408 in a 69 cuda, want something good that will last a while. Thanks

engine bay 096.JPE

Where do I get them. Also read the other post, If you get a chance call me before 10

I have Accel 8.8 wires on both of my 340 engines, seem to work great! The only thing I don't like about them is the are bunched up on the dist cap due to the boots having a 90 degree angle.

I prefer MSD . I use the 3119's w/ the multi angle boot,they work really well,you can bend the boot the way you need it to help keep them off of your headers or manifolds.

I purchase universal wire sets and cut them to fit (get a decent crimper too). You can dress them the way you want and come up with a neater installation. Also, if you have headers typically the #3 tube will run over the #5 and #7 tubes. Routing the wires between the tube and the head even with the fiberglass insulator will cook them in a short period of time. Either get multi-angle boots (ones you can bend to an andle) or the 120 degree boots so you can route #5 and #7 under the header tube (use fiberglass insulating sleeves too in these positions), the 120 degree works well for the other positions too.

Don't get too hung up on diamater or resistance. Any good quality wire from Accel, MSD, Taylor, etc with a spiral wrapped core will give you good service. I have Moroso Blue Max wires right now on the cuda, Accel on my truck and my wife has MSD on her PT and they all work very well. Summit or Jegs will give you plenty of choices.

-
Back