Plumbing for a Dominator

-
It's a 383 stroked (slightly) to 396, running Stage VII heads. Until it runs I won't know for sure, but it could be the killer built motor it was made out to be, or it might be a bunch of mismatched parts. I'm going to start slowly with close to what was supposedly the original combination, and then then adjust as it seems necessary. But agreed, that's a lot of carb for a low deck motor.

OK.......it might can use that Dominator then........but even still it would be at a pretty high RPM. But now, you say they are "stage VII" heads. Those are aluminum. Are yours aluminum? Someone painted them if they are. If they're not aluminum, they're not VIIs. If you can get a casting number we can determine what they are.

It's a 383 stroked (slightly) to 396, running Stage VII heads. Until it runs I won't know for sure, but it could be the killer built motor it was made out to be, or it might be a bunch of mismatched parts. I'm going to start slowly with close to what was supposedly the original combination, and then then adjust as it seems necessary. But agreed, that's a lot of carb for a low deck motor.

Also, I am not sure that's been stroked. That small of a difference is probably made by an overbore. Generally speaking, for every .030" over bore, you can add "about" 5 cubic inches. I wouldn't "THINK" someone would have bought a stroker crank, or even offset ground a stock crank to get that little of a change. JMO.

-
Back