Plumbing my electric fuel pump ideas wanted

-

kent spaulding

spauldo
Reaction score
:sign3:I'm plumbing my fuel system and would like some advice from you all on what works and what I should avoid doing? I have a 340>410 stroker motor that has 478 hp @ the crank and I am running a 770 cfm Holley street avenger dual feed carb. I also have a new Aeromotive 17247 fuel pump with a Aeromotive 13201 regulator and a sumped stock tank that has a couple of half inch NPT female couplings mounted into sump (low point back of vehicle).
I was told to run a -10 AN feed with a -8 AN bypass and a -6 AN to the carb. I have always thought that you should put the regulator before the carb but have read differently on this site. I am running just plain old rot gut fuel in this car not E85. Any suggestions or visuals you could give me on how to get this done would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like I won't be able to run my bypass line with the 13201 regulator? I guess I will be looking into getting a 13301 bypass style regulator. Dammit, why don't I read before I buy!!

I've had bad luck with electric pumps on a street car.

Going with a mechanical once this latest one burns out.

I've had bad luck with electric pumps on a street car.

Going with a mechanical once this latest one burns out.

yea the areomotives and magnafuels burn up in less than a year like on a clock it you drive them weekly...

go with two or three walbro 255's

Well SOMEBODY makes good electrics, as most cars on the road today run 'em. The 87 Ranger I wrecked, with 75K, and the 86 I just sold with 125K had the original pumps --one in both tanks, and a HP unit on the frame, all original.

The Walboro's rock. Quiet ,and excellent. The go to pumps,for the 12-10 second 5.0 Ford guys.

yea the areomotives and magnafuels burn up in less than a year like on a clock it you drive them weekly...

go with two or three walbro 255's

the walbros are a good pump..but why in the world does he need 2 or 3? just one supports 600 HP.

the aeromotive a1000 fuel pump requires the 300 dollar fuel controller module to live...without it, yes, it will burn up in the timeframe you say. :)

and here is where to get your walbro fuel pump. a bargain at 88 bucks. :) 'swhere i got mine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walbro-GSL3...Parts_Accessories&hash=item27cc75505d&vxp=mtr

Agreed, these pumps rock. Had them,on the F.I 5.0. The torque increase,fun. (Stock settings otherwise).

I bought an SX pump from lingenfelter. They are the best out there and designed for continuous use. It supported my 1006 HP BBC with nitrous without issue. Designed to support 1300 hp. Was not cheap, the pump filter and reg as over $800.00. It was the fuel injected pump with the reg designed for carb application. I ran a #10 feed with an 8 return, had no issues .

the walbros are a good pump..but why in the world does he need 2 or 3? just one supports 600 HP.

the aeromotive a1000 fuel pump requires the 300 dollar fuel controller module to live...without it, yes, it will burn up in the timeframe you say. :)

and here is where to get your walbro fuel pump. a bargain at 88 bucks. :) 'swhere i got mine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walbro-GSL3...Parts_Accessories&hash=item27cc75505d&vxp=mtr

to fight things like momentum, weight, fuel stacking, etc.

I bought an SX pump from lingenfelter. They are the best out there and designed for continuous use. It supported my 1006 HP BBC with nitrous without issue. Designed to support 1300 hp. Was not cheap, the pump filter and reg as over $800.00. It was the fuel injected pump with the reg designed for carb application. I ran a #10 feed with an 8 return, had no issues .

FYI running a smaller return isn't a good idea on a big pump

Return will be larger than supply.Still torn on which direction to go since I have all this high dollar Aeromotive equipment in hand?

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 239
  • 007.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 238
  • 004.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 251
-
Back