Pocono Road Course 02 July 2022

-

CUDA69

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Had fun running the infield course. Was out there with a C7 Z06 and my son's Tesla 3. DIdn't push it too hard. The car survived two hours of total track time. Lot's of room for improvement.

That looks like fun. Kind of a tight, technical course for the Barracuda.

Back in 2012 I did a track day with my 67 fastback at Willow Springs in SoCal, a long, fast track (full 1/4 mile straight). Hit 110 before braking into Castrol Corner, and held 90 through the Sweeper. It was huge fun and a little scary, and quite a physical workout. Willow has a lot of elevation change — it's steep uphill from the exit of Rabbit's Ear to the apex of the Balcony, and I definitely didn't have enough power in this section. Then even steeper downhill to the left-hander, which it couldn't really handle either due to massive understeer with all the weight transfer forward. But it was great on the high speed stuff on the back side — I was overtaking people in that section.

Willow_Springs_International_Raceway.png

Back in 2012 I did a track day with my 67 fastback at Willow Springs in SoCal, a long, fast track (full 1/4 mile straight). Hit 110 before braking into Castrol Corner, and held 90 through the Sweeper. It was huge fun and a little scary, and quite a physical workout. Willow has a lot of elevation change — it's steep uphill from the exit of Rabbit's Ear to the apex of the Balcony, and I definitely didn't have enough power in this section. Then even steeper downhill to the left-hander, which it couldn't really handle either due to massive understeer with all the weight transfer forward. But it was great on the high speed stuff on the back side — I was overtaking people in that section.

View attachment 1715953099

View attachment 1715953099
Wow, Willow Springs sounds great. Pocono has several different layouts. Some have one of the banked turns that NASCAR uses. Planning on adding more camber and Dr. Diff rear discs.

Banking would be pretty gnarly, I imagine.

Here's a shot of me coming down the hill to the kink in the back straight.
2010-04-15_24.jpg

Hard braking into Castrol Corner (manual factory disks with slotted cross-drilled rotors & ceramic pads... never faded)...
2010-04-15_19.jpg

In "parc fermeé"...

2010-04-15_01.jpg

Looks like a lot of fun. The hood scoop view is awesome, (My two all-time favorites are that one & the T/A Challenger scoop) it lets you know it's a Mopar. I'd like to see how my Dakota would handle this course. If that's your son in the Tesla, he's movin' pretty darn good too.

It's a Duster scoop but I like it on there. My son's Tesla 3 has modified suspension, brakes and better wheels and tires, but the drive train is bone stock. He has driven it as hard as you can for two years now with no maintenance on the drive train. Just plugs it in to charge. He was running 48 second laps while I was just under a minute. Lot's of computer help in that thing though.

It's a Duster scoop but I like it on there. My son's Tesla 3 has modified suspension, brakes and better wheels and tires, but the drive train is bone stock. He has driven it as hard as you can for two years now with no maintenance on the drive train. Just plugs it in to charge. He was running 48 second laps while I was just under a minute. Lot's of computer help in that thing though.
Those scoops look good on almost everything. I do know that the Tesla's are pretty bad ***. I have to say, I like some of them too & your kids looks pretty cool with the wheel & tire combo he chose.

-
Back