Poison Dart 528

-

Poison Dart 528

Reaction score
Hello to all thanks for some of the posts in the past about my car "THE POISON DART". Look for it on the power tour this year and Chryslers at Carlyle it will be in the T building...

Thanks Again Richard :salut: :salut:

Welcome Rich, :salut:

pic4.JPG

Is that the green one with the Hemi in it ?

No, The Poison Dart is the 70 Swinger orange/white tutone with the hemi in it, was in Mopar Collector Guide two/three months back with a pretty big spread. I believe Imagine Motorsports out of Wisconsin did the car. Nice ride, a resto mod with a front coiler over and independant rear suspension.

Oh yeah didn't it have a dart being blown by a caveman graphic going down the length of the car?

This Poison dart sold at BJ last week for $51, new owner is buddies with the pro-touring forum guys......I guess the battery died on the auction block and killed the sale. Great buy for the buyer, bad news for the seller

phrshoot5.jpg

Hello to all thanks for some of the posts in the past about my car "THE POISON DART". Look for it on the power tour this year and Chryslers at Carlyle it will be in the T building...

Thanks Again Richard :salut: :salut:

Richard, welcome to the site. If you are the new owner of the car, I think we all have some questions for you re: it. Again, welcome.

It's a sweet car. Seen it at Hot Rod power tour a couple
of years back. At the start in Milwakee. I thought a resto
shop in Wisconsin built it. Can't remember?

I belive if he was the owner it was short lived, like it was stated it sold this weekend. I to watched, hoping to see the car but never did. I love this car and have fallowed the articles i have seen. $51,000 for this car seems like a steal.

I belive if he was the owner it was short lived, like it was stated it sold this weekend. I to watched, hoping to see the car but never did. I love this car and have fallowed the articles i have seen. $51,000 for this car seems like a steal.

Especailly since it apparently cost over a $100K to build.

wow i feel like an idiot that was probably the original owner the post was started just over two years ago if you look at the original date. fubar just posted this morning and brought it back up but before that the last post was12/12/2005 so yeah it probably was sold a BJ but this isnt the new owner

On-air comments during the auction indicated the car cost over $200k to build and was being sold because the owner has a child with special educational needs. Really a shame that all it sold for was $51k but great buy for the new owner.

On-air comments during the auction indicated the car cost over $200k to build and was being sold because the owner has a child with special educational needs. Really a shame that all it sold for was $51k but great buy for the new owner.
If he had a special needs child and needed the money, perhaps he shouldn't have blown 200K on a car build to begin with.
Getting back to the car, I don't see 200K worth of work in that Dart. Somebody got robbed, IMO.

Its possible he didnt have a special needs child at the time or didnt know the child had special needs.

Either way, Thats a lot of cash to lose. Think it even covered the cost of the Hemi ?

I don't know what the Owner paid to build or have the car built but it was a LOT MORE THAN $51000.00 which is what it sold for! I think the seller got a RAW DEAL in my opinion! I did follow some of the build of the car and read about it and also seen it on tour. The car was worth a DAMN site more than $51000.00 !!
And like Adam mentioned maybe at the time of the build the Owner did not know his child was a special needs child at the time. No need to try and pass Judgement on someone you know nothing about personally.
I am certain that if they knew there child was going to need special help they would have not spent that kind of money on a HOT ROD.
Personally I think it was ONE FINE RIDE at least from what I have seen and read about the car.
I believe If I had been there I would have BID on it myself. Just goes to show how big of a chance a Seller takes at a NO RESERVE AUCTION! I certainly would not have taken a chance like that,just too much money at stake. I hope everything works out WELL for your Child in the future Richard. Welcome to the site and sometimes here you have to take what is said here with a GRAIN OF SALT as the old saying goes!

That car has well over 100K into it.........FI 528 hemi, paddle shifted 4l80E, custom IRS chrome rear suspension, alterK, huge brakes, custom 3pc wheels.....etc. Schwartz performance did most of the suspension and fabrication. I am not into the paint or selling at a "no reserve" auction, but that is a cool car.

-
Back