Poison Ivy in my mouth!!

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
I woke up this morning with poison ivy on my hands and I have no clue how I got it. Well this afternoon I noticed some bumps on the roof of my mouth and didn't think anything of it, well it is itching uncontrolably. I haven't had it in probably 6 years adn when I get it it gets bad my eye is also itching so it may be a doctor visit tommorrow as well.

Man i feel for you. My wife just got over a bad case of it, out clearing a wood island we have while i was at work. It took over 3 weeks for it to clear up. Had to go to 2 different doctors and finally got a steriod shot. She was miserable. Whatever clothes you were wearing through away unless it was your military uniform!!! Good luck to you dont wait go to the doc!

dusted 72, Man I know it can be something, my wife gets it, I have never had it, knock on wood, she had a case of poison oak last year and it made poison ivy look like nothing, had to get shots in the rear and everything, good luck !! your broken foot buddy

Go to the doctor and tell them you want a shot. I had it in August really bad on my arms and it cleared it up in two days.

I had it on my nargills if you no what I mean. I thought it was the most severe case of jock itch ever! Run Forrest run to the Dr.

How in the world did you get it in your mouth? Were you sucking your thumb in your sleep?:toothy10:

Hey, try this new organic salad. I picked it fresh from my garden!!!!
No joking, sorry to hear about your Poison Ivy issues. Just got over a bad case of Shingles about a month ago. Scars all over the place.
Chas.

I had it on my nargills if you no what I mean. I thought it was the most severe case of jock itch ever! Run Forrest run to the Dr.
Man thats funny. But aint it run bowlegged Forest run. lol. I hear ya Chaz on the shingles. I would have took the vaccine had I known. I saw Walgreens had shingles shots vaccine today when i drove by.

i had 4 bouts of it this summer. Could not figure out where it was coming from.
Then finally traced it back to cutting grass. I got some pills from the doc to take once a day for a week. It was cleared up in no time.

the second time i found some poison ivy soap at Walmart. I remembered the doc telling me. Jump in the shower ... scratch the living crap out of the poison ivy and immediatly lather in soap REAL THICK while scratching. Poison ivy supposedly has barbs that get stuck in your skin so you want to break the barbs loose and the soap will gather up the oils of the poison ivy and eliminated the infected spot. It went away in a week.

the third time i did the same thing as previous and it was cleared up in a week as well.

the fourth time. I could feel the poison ivy growing on my skin ... i ran to the sink and i grabbed the poison ivy soap and lathered up the suspected locations and lathered and scratched for what seemed like 20 minutes. the next day i had a small spot .
and the third day ... it was gone.

I got it two weeks ago, on my face and between my fingers, I use Oak-n-Ivy Brand CalaGel, works to control the itch but......inside your mouth....damn...hope ya get to fellin better.

When I worked for the State of New York back in the Middle Ages, we rubbed poison ivy on the dorrrknob of the Chief of Service's office. The running gag was that the Day Shift Supervisor would show up with it on his knob.

How are you doing dusted72 ?
My older son can just get close to it and it gets him :angry7:
I would gargle with warm salt water and get some meds on it if you are elegaic.:clock::clock:
I hope you have it under control :happy10:

I agree with everyone else, that really sucks for ya. I can roll in the stuff and not get but a tiny little spot of it. But I always bust it open when it's on my skin and then I put fingernail polish remover on it. It burns like hell, don't get me wrong, but it clears it up. I wouldn't bust it open in your mouth because you might end up getting it down your esophagus and everything. But I would try rinsing your mouth out with mouthwash, preferably Listerine. I would think the alcohol content in it would help clear it up.. But then again, I don't know, its just a suggestion..

I agree with everyone else, that really sucks for ya. I can roll in the stuff and not get but a tiny little spot of it. But I always bust it open when it's on my skin and then I put fingernail polish remover on it. It burns like hell, don't get me wrong, but it clears it up. I wouldn't bust it open in your mouth because you might end up getting it down your esophagus and everything. But I would try rinsing your mouth out with mouthwash, preferably Listerine. I would think the alcohol content in it would help clear it up.. But then again, I don't know, its just a suggestion..

clean dart,,,

I got it when I went to my camp in July. It sucked getting it, but I didn't mind it as much on my arms and legs, as I did on the "other parts". It took almost 2 months to clear up completely. I had to take steroids to control the itch. :munky2: If you can wash up within 1/2 hour of getting into it, before the oil penetrates your skin, then you may not get a rash. To get relief from the itch, you can take a shower and run the hottest water you can on the affected areas. This will only work for about 3-4 hours, then you will need something like Calamine lotion. Where you have it in your mouth though, I think you need to go see the medic, and get a prescription for some steroids.

If you have to save your clothes, then wash them multiple times with a dish liquid that cuts the grease like Dawn. Do the same with your shoes too.

Here's what it looks like in case you don't know. Look hard and you will see clumps of greenish white berries under the leaves. Remember the saying, "Leaves of three, leave it be". Tim

If you want to know more about Poison Ivy, or how to get rid of it, check out this site. www.poisonivy.aesir.com

100_4108 (Small).JPG

100_4109 (Small).JPG

-
Back