Polishing Paint

-
If you would have read you would have seen i have used it, therefore I know what it does, you simply don't know what to look for obviously. Tell any professional detailer, they will all give you the same answer. But I've only been painting and detailing cars for 17 years. Do whatever you want to your own vehicles. But when you publicly post things that will harm your paint as advice to others is what I find wrong. It's OK I now realize you're stubborn and unwilling to let go of past bad habits......comet away my friend.....comet .....away....

My paint remains unharmed and looks great. I know you "professional" detailers are a dime a dozen. They almost all become legends in their own minds and want to tell the world they know more than anyone, especially their competition.

You are no friend of mine. I don't need your permission to share what works. I didn't ask for it, have no use for it and frankly see little value in your comments. Instead of slamming something you did wrong and had bad results with, consider for a moment that you don't know everything and don't have all the answers.

Last edited:
My paint remains unharmed and looks great. I know you "professional" detailers are a dime a dozen. They almost all become legends in their own minds and want to tell the world they know more than anyone, especially their competition.

You are no friend of mine. I don't need your permission to share what works. I didn't ask for it, have no use for it and frankly see little value in your comments. Instead of slamming something you did wrong and had bad results with, consider for a moment that you don't know everything and don't have all the answers.
No one here agrees with you, keep clicking the little disagree x like a child.....it's obvious that's what you are. Wanting to tell people how they think they know every thing....when that's what you are doing.....thinking you know everything

...first time I have every heard of someone refer to professional detailer as "legends"..lmao...I'm litterally laughing right now......lol

Last edited:
No one here agrees with you, keep clicking the little disagree x like a child.....it's obvious that's what you are. Wanting to tell people how they think they know every thing....when that's what you are doing.....thinking you know everything

...first time I have every heard of someone refer to professional detailer as "legends"..lmao...I'm litterally laughing right now......lol

There you go again, speaking for every person on the internet instead of for yourself, but here too you are wrong. Since you've descended to using personal attacks instead of focusing on the use of Comet in the green can, we've reached the juncture where there is no point in further responding to your sophomoric posts.

"Legends in their own minds", is the full quote, although I've always found most of them laughable as well. You carry their torch well.

Last edited:
Comet is absolutely fantastic on single stage light colors. White especially. I'd does little to the surface finish. Nothing a waxing won't take care of.

Someone is over reacting.

Dam guys, I didn`t read all these posts, they got boring. I never thot asking a question on what kind of wax works good for a first wax job , would cause so many posts, and turn it into a pissing match !!!!

Dam guys, I didn`t read all these posts, they got boring. I never thot asking a question on what kind of wax works good for a first wax job , would cause so many posts, and turn it into a pissing match !!!!

True, my apologies to all.

One caveat, If anyone does try Comet in the green can to quickly clean and polish old light colored paint, realize it is a completely different compound than Ajax, Bon Ami or Bar Keepers friend, as it won't scratch delicate surfaces. Those other products will in fact mar polished surfaces in an instant.

It's ok guys... I know it happens. ...
I'm done....gonna pull it out in the sun and take a couple pictures. ....it's as good as I am gonna do!
$28 in supplies
A ton of labor
HUGE improvement!
Pictures coming in a bit

Jeff

micro-mesh-nc-78-1-acrylic-restoral-kit_7306181.jpe

I use toothpaste to clean my polycarbonate safety glasses and face shield.
Be warned that toothpaste has different abrasive levels.
I get bright white teeth too.

I wish the pictures showed better how much better it is....I'm VERY happy with how it came out...

20170319_130113.jpg
20170319_130056.jpg
20170319_130042.jpg

I tried out in the sun but it was just too bright...

Jeff

It looks like all your hard work was definitely worth it! Turned out real nice. Thanks for the thread Jeff. Have fun this summer showing off your A-body blinding people with your extra shiny paint....peace brother

Ok...did about 1/2 the car.....what a *****...but it's coming out great!

Jeff

I love their basecoats. Just some amazing colors. I'm preferential to spies hecker clear. Their black base is to die for as well. Check them out.

Ok...well I did the passenger side of the hood....huge difference!
Swirls are 99% gone...reflectivity is way up...

View attachment 1715029008 View attachment 1715029009 View attachment 1715029011 View attachment 1715029013

Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish
I think it's worth the effort!

Jeff
Did you also use the Ultimate liquid wax? My Duster's not painted yet, but used this on my Magnum and a couple other cars last summer. Looked great when done. Easy on and more importantly, easy off. Even in sun...does not bake into a non removable crust like some.
upload_2017-3-20_13-21-3.jpeg

-
Back