Poll Engine Color

WHAT COLOR SHOULD I PAINT MY SMALL BLOCK

• Total voters
-

66VALIANT

Reaction score
What color do you guys think i shouldi paint my 273, red reminds me too much of chevy for some reason

orange

Picture 060.jpg

Why does red remind you of a chevy? not counting the blues their motors were orange, now Buick painted their motors red.

If it is going in a '66 I would paint it red unless the car is red then there will be to much red in the engine compartment, then I would go with black (unless the car is black), I like black motors also, especially with chrome or polished aluminum parts on the motor, the black really sets off those items. I like a contrast so the motor stands out and doesn't blend into the engine compartment.

I didn't pick a color in your poll because of my engine color choice depends on the body color.

Chuck

I plan to paint my 70 Duster sublime and the engine Hot Hues Buddha Orange :thumbup: Yeah baby!

66VALIANT said:
who do you think you are jivemother? Henry Ford... ha ha
ha ha if i was i would be driving that 5 million dollar shelby on B.J. i just painted my 340 all black i always like a black motor makes every thing else pop lol

I like red better and the MyMopar site says it should be red... My 66 Barracuda has a blue motor. Was this not the factory color? I see no indication of red on the motor. See picture...

Cuda_Engine_3_Small.jpg

Just my opinion for how I decide things. When everyone is doing the same thing like red or orange I'd have to say go with the blue and be uncommon. My '73 came with blue and as much as I really dig red and orange, I see way, way too much of it. Black is cool too. I'm staying with blue because I gotta have my own fun, you know? They are all really cool mMopar colors though! - notorious318

66cuda-s said:
I like red better and the MyMopar site says it should be red... My 66 Barracuda has a blue motor. Was this not the factory color? I see no indication of red on the motor. See picture...

Your engine should be red, the Petty blue only started showing up on the smallblocks around `72. After 40 years it`s hard to tell what`s gone on under the hood of some of these cars! Are you sure that`s not an early 70`s 318 in there?

My vote is for orange. Looks great in a yellow car. There's some in there somewhere!! :thumbup:

engine5.jpg

Longgone said:
Your engine should be red, the Petty blue only started showing up on the smallblocks around `72. After 40 years it`s hard to tell what`s gone on under the hood of some of these cars! Are you sure that`s not an early 70`s 318 in there?

Blue started on 340s around April of 71. All 67 and up 318s, all 360s

273s and 68 340 were Red. 69 all ways starts a good debate. Some say Hemi orange, some say Red and some say Turquiose.

70 340s were Orange.

-
Back