Poll on vinyl top color.

-

jeryst

Reaction score
I'm going to have a vinyl top put back on my 68 Dart GTS. The original one was black, but the guy that is going to do it makes his own tops before he installs them, so he said that he could get me any color I want. My car is a burgundy color (original color), and he showed me some vinyl that is the same color.

I was all set to have the burgundy top put on, but am now having second thoughts.

So I'd like some opinions: Burgundy, or black?

]I say go for the--------------------------------------BURGUNDY :cheers:

I think the Burgundy would look really nice on it!

My first thought is stay with black and use an original grain (from Legendary/YO/Dantes, etc.). What color is your interior? Stripe (if any) color?

Black would be the standard answer; although something different may stand out in the crowd better.
As asked above what color interior do you have? Or what other colors in the car?

My first thought is stay with black and use an original grain (from Legendary/YO/Dantes, etc.). What color is your interior? Stripe (if any) color?

Black interior, white longitudinal stripe. Here is a pic. Basically, I was considering the burgundy because it matches the car, and wouldnt give it a two tone look, which might make it stand out more.

newstripes.jpg

Depents on the color of your interior...What color is your interior?? Black is over used I think, same-o, same-o... I love a white vinyl top on mopar, with a white interior...

Well you got a white stripe so black would be kind of odd, and a bit to busy. so burgandy but try to find a cool non standard grain

i'd go with the burgandy aslong as it's the same grain pattern as stock but then you might want to change the interior color aswell i think it might clash maybe a white/black interior or the dark red interior with the burgandy top and a black top with black interior
my .02 cents
Terry
awesome dart by the way love the side stripes

First I thought black, then thought maybe white. Not sure on burgundy, but since I settled on leaving it without, maybe the burgundy might be fine. One thing is to make sure the tone of the bugundy is correct. Often it will be too brown or too purple, and this could really make that awesome paint look bleh..

Grant

I think white would look pretty cool. It would be interesting to take a picture of the car and use Photoshop to see how the different colors would look.

-
Back