-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigugly

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking to buy a Single 4 barrel intake for a 318 poly. If anyone has anything available, please send me the information. I would be happy with a OEM or aftermarket intake manifold. Thanks in advance!

I am looking to buy a Single 4 barrel intake for a 318 poly. If anyone has anything available, please send me the information. I would be happy with a OEM or aftermarket intake manifold. Thanks in advance!

They make (or made) such a thing? Interesting. I'm looking at a '66 with a poly motor and thought I would be stuck with the 2bbl. I'm subscribing to this thread to see whats out there. :happy1:

I've got an aluminum one on a 318 Poly, not willing to sell it though. However I do have a factory one I'll sell. It's heavy though, so I'm not sure how much shipping would be.

RzeroB, you could also get a dual 4 bbl intake from the factory.

you could also get a dual 4 bbl intake from the factory.

No kidding? I admit, I know very little about the poly A motors.

This '66 I'm looking at has the poly motor in it but in all honesty I wish it had a LA or B motor in it - something that I am more familiar with. But the car is nice so I just might have to learn to live with the poly motor.

In the mean time I'm just going to stay tuned to this thread and ride BigUgly's coat-tails to see what I can learn about different manifolds for the poly motor.

I hear "HOT HEADS" now has a new poly intake out. Weiand made one but it is long out of production.Do some searching you will find out that poly's are strong and can be made to really run.

They make (or made) such a thing? Interesting. I'm looking at a '66 with a poly motor and thought I would be stuck with the 2bbl. I'm subscribing to this thread to see whats out there. :happy1:

They also made a 2 four bbl set up.
I have one, it came with the carbs and linkage. Cast iron.
Started making them them in 1957

A brand new manifold is available from Chrysler Power magazine. It's not cheap, but they are making an attempt to make the 318 poly relevant again...

A brand new manifold is available from Chrysler Power magazine. It's not cheap, but they are making an attempt to make the 318 poly relevant again...

X2....... I just read something about it the other day, think it was on the B-bodies only site!

Wiend and Offenhauser both offered a 4 barrel for this motor. I think Offy had valve covers too. They still sell everything they ever made but no telling what the price would be. I have had a few of them including the dual quads and they also made an aluminum 3 deuce for that motor.

$400 and up is the going price either used or new.

The poly had more torque than an LA.

I really liked the one in my first 66 Coronet...but...

the motor was so wide I had a very difficult time convincing all the gm owners they just got beat by a 318!

The Coronet "440" badges on the fender didn't help either.

I posted these photos before. Just intake, carb and headers really wake these engines up.Another one I should have kept.:banghead:

Attachments

• IMG_0819.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_1389.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_1426.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 321
Some where here at FABO I did a write up on it on someone else's post. The "Wide" issue came up and people who know nothing we're chumming in on how much wider the engine is and how it would never fit into an "A" body & etc.....

The wide looks comes from the intakes slightly wider and flatter attachment angle to the heads which also of course has a different angle. The head itself is like a big square block where the "LA" is a bit smaller.

Edelbrock & Weiand both made a 3 X 2 intake for it. Both are extreme in price.

I have that above 2 X 4 intake slightly modified. The intakes carb bores have been opened up to a split. (No holes, 1 oval on each side) the carb bore holes are small and will only allow a small carb. I do not know if a know Edelbrock 500 will fit. But the opened up area will now fit a 750 carb. (I'll check later tonight if a AFB 800 fits.)

CPA is taking orders on the new poly intake starting at IIRC $400. It looks like a high rise RPM like intKe.

Thanks to all for the information. I was able to locate a Weiand intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back