Poly Lower Control Arm Bushings VS Rubber

-
since the rubber does not rotate, they tear, of you put the suspension through it's paces.

That is the reason you must have the weight of the car on them before you are supposed to torque them down. The static position of the car is now the middle of the rubber bushings travel.

The poly will rotate, and allow more suspension travel, and it will be easier for it to do since it does not have the twisting of the rubber.

it's not " if the rubber wears out" it is a matter of time. Depending on driving habits, overall construction and even if you have an oil leak, that will deteriorate the rubber at a faster rate.

well, one good thing is that indeed, the strut rod keeps the ball joint end from moving back and forth, BTW, this is one area that the poly bushing is superb the strut rod bushing. I just wish I could find some genuine A-body specific ones. Not ones that need to be modded to make them work. Actually, a DEL-A-LUM (or similar insert type) bushing would be a good choice but I dont think they are made for the LCA in t bar mopes. (yeah the harsh ride i know)

thats why i used firmfeel greasable pins AND adjustable strut rods with the poly lowers, you simply adjust the rods till the bushings are snugged up with no gaps. no cutting or fitting required.

OK, with the adjustable strut rods everything be right. But if the decision is to use the stock strut? than its better to use rubber? I am rebuilding my suspension and have the same doubt.

Thanks to all.

-
Back