polytherane bushings

-

leblanc

member 2883
Reaction score
I have heard quite a few things about poly bushings...some find them too noisy, harsh handling and other not too nice statements. I have a 76 Dodge Dart Sport, A body in other words...what are your comments? Is this an idea I should dismiss or go for it?

I have poly everywhere but the body, love it no noise and good handling in my 440 a body

I can't think of a single rubber bushing left on my car. Maybe on the glove box door, LOL.

I did poly in all the suspension, but used rubber in the motor and trans mounts.
Poly adds a little road noise but the firmness in the suspension was worth it, and it only makes a noticeable noise difference on rough pavement.

I rebuilt the front suspension of my barracuda with poly and am totally satisfied

poly bushings and frame connectors go together like liquor and scantly clad women .

We have been offering both rubber and Poly bushings for years with Poly bushings out selling rubber. The poly will be stiffer than rubber and give your vehicle a much more solid feel with increased responsiveness without sacrificing ride quality. If you have any questions about our product line please let me know. Also make sure to used a good quality shock in your rebuild.

Thanks
James

Use a good synthetic grease for assembly also (I used lower outdrive grease from a boat store). You won't have any of the squeaks that so many people complain about.

-
Back