polyurithane or poly graphyte

-

dingo77

Reaction score
just looking for some input on what you guys and gals out there have used tyred and prefer. im looking at either ther poly uri bushings from energy suspentions or the poly graph from p-s-t. thanks in advance for your help peeps.

joe.

i heard that polygraphite squeaks im buying a kit from them i going with the original super kit for 279 it is 100 off and i t cant beat it but thats my 2 cence

Actually, I thought that the graphite was there to stop the squeaking. I installed poly-graphite in a Bee and Charger - the Bee squeaked because I didn't use enough lube when installing. the Charger has never made a sound - I think as long as the lube is there, the Poly-graphite are the way to go.

The poly graphite DOES NOT SQUEAK!

I picked up a PST kit and will say without a doubt that this was the best move I have made period!

Poly urathane (SP! I KNOW!) Squeaked big time and gave me a headache.

Get a PST kit.

I picked up a PST kit and will say without a doubt that this was the best move I have made period!

Get a PST kit.

I agree.
don't use regular grease for assembly though. some companies sell small containers of assembly grease at crazy prices, it looks alot like the super snotty blue silicone marine grease that i got at the boat store for MUCH cheaper and it works perfectly.

Get a PST kit.

Polygraphite (as well as straight poly) will squeak after time even with the right kind and amount of grease. If your car is anything but a sunny day cruiser road spray will get in an flush out the grease (nothing is sealed). Plus the grime it brings along with it will shorten the life dramtically.

I listened to all the praises of polygraphite and rebuilt my front suspension with them. Within three months the squeaking was so bad it was embarassing and I pulled it apart and replaced it with rubber. The polygraphite in the shackles last until this year (2.5 years) before starting to squeak. My car had a relatively new rubber bushings so there was no noticable improvement in handling nor degradation in ride for that matter.

IMHO, go with Moog heavy duty rubber bushings.

Can't go wrong with Moog.

It's been ten years with my graphites, no squeaks.

But how many miles in that time? I have but almost 70k miles on my Barracuda since putting it back on the road in July 2000.

If your car doesn't see many miles and is only driven in nice weather the poly bushings will be fine.

OK, granted. I have about 40K on them. Give or take.

I've had rubber that has squeaked, so it is no guarantee either, but is less susceptible to squeaking than either poly. I've had better luck with poly graphite than straight poly urethane. regular lube jobs do help though.

no problems with poly here

i put that lube on , and never heard squeking at all

antiseize didnt hurt as well

-
Back