Port Matching

-

JimmyV

MOPAR!!
Reaction score
Ok As Most Of You Know I Just Got My Cam Timing And Piston/valve Pisto/head Clearance Situated... So New Topic Looking At My Heads And Intake Yeturday And Was Wondering If You Guys Thought With My Set Up It Would Be Worth Port Matching Heads And Intake ( I Am Sure It Will Be) But Is There Any Pros And Cons Out There? To Refresh Your Memory On My Current Set Up

10.5:1 Pistons
Eddy Heads
Victor Intake
Holley 750
Headers
Comp 294s Cam

And Also Best Technique.... I Know You Just Take Your Gasket And Line It Up And Mare What Needs To Be Removed But Best Tool To Use?? Bits Etc..thanks

I think it worth it though the pay off may not show a hell of alot on a dyno or the seat of the pants.

I myself don't know what bit to use, so I would go down to the local porter and ask. Then, I myself would weigh in his price vs me doing it.

You really can't go wrong with port matching the intake with the heads. But like Rumblefish said…. You may or may not see much from it.

BTW….. It is very easy to do.

I'm tryin to learn. I have a few junk irons layin around that the grinder will be eating up.

Right now, I'm more focused on porting the T-Q and the AFB's..

I'm tryin to learn. I have a few junk irons layin around that the grinder will be eating up.

Right now, I'm more focused on porting the T-Q and the AFB's..
d-side almost done. as compared to the p-side ;)
TQ002_mod.jpg

Very nice. I'm in the process of destroying a few smoggers in an effort to find out on purpose where to far is. I also cut the outter booster ring off to what that would look like and I think it a bit to far for a street bound engine. Most applications anyway.

-
Back