Possible Drone Sighting Tonight In Colorado Springs!

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Here's the details:

Took the dog out to the park behind our apartment complex for his nightly walk at about 10:20 The park is behind one of the local libraries and has a complete full view of the Front Range (Pikes Peak and fellow mountians).

Well, waiting for him to do his duty, I look up at the stars and I see this glob of lights. Like more lights than you would see on a typical passenger jet at night. So, I start following them.

I watched it fly in a particular pattern. It would fly South over the downtown area, circle to South East, then to East, then back around to North, in a counter-clockwise path, then come to about center of the city and sit there for approximately 2-3 minutes. Then repeat. It repeated this 7-8 times!!! It made no noise at all either. Being in the area we are in you can actually hear if it's a jet or helicopter. The thing was pretty slow doing it too.
After I spotted it the first time...in which an actual passenger jet flew nearly into its path, I ran back home to get my phone to try and video it. To my dismay though it wouldn't pick it up. Well there ended up being another guy out there walking his dog too, so I pointed it out to him. That's when we watched it do the same thing about 6-7 more times.

He had a pair of binoculars in his truck so he grabbed those and you could actually make out the shape and see all the lights on the thing! The lights formed a somewhat diamond pattern and there were around 8-10 of em. Blue, Red, Amber, and Green. They were pretty darned bright too, especially the flashing red and amber ones depending at what angle it was at in its course of travel. After the 7 or 8th time it kicked into hyper-drive and hightailed it North towards Denver; like extremely fast, within a minute you couldn't tell it from a star in the sky!

In my opinion, I feel it was a drone. We're used to the military/police choppers flying around and also having DIA North of us and C/S Municpal Airport in town I know what the typical jets/planes/etc sound like coming through here. Just what was it up to, who knows, but why would that thing be circling the city and sitting above it like the way it was doing????

Anyways, just though I'd share my experience with ya'll and help some to confirm what most of us have come to terms with: Big Brother is up to no good!:wack:

Nothing to see here folks,these weren't the droids ,your looking for........

Isn't that how the movie "Terminator" starts?

Isn't that how the movie "Terminator" starts?
drones like the ones we`ve seen being used accroos the pond, don`t hover, they are fixed wing type aircraft, acording to the pictures, and they atren`t that dam fast. me thinks it was the enterprise! LOL--bob:wack: did you shoot at it? we hear they are fair game up there!-don`t know how they taste tho, guess it`s the way u cook them!---bob
yea, I know, smart-*** in every crowd, right?

I thought I heard somewhere that drones were used in CO to assess the flood status and look for stranded people, survivors etc. They also provided a lot of the video we saw on the news. That said, I have no idea if the flooding was anywhere near you 64 SRT8 Dart (Hopefully not !)

Pat

Heard on the news the other night the USAF is experimenting with flying F16s as pilotless drones.

I don't know 'bout you, but if an F16 is headed to crash on me, I want a real, live pilot on board trying "not to."

Heard on the news the other night the USAF is experimenting with flying F16s as pilotless drones.

I don't know 'bout you, but if an F16 is headed to crash on me, I want a real, live pilot on board trying "not to."

Hmmm, Can we consider a F-16 as a Mopar? They are also called "Lawn Darts"

Naw, the F-16 is a Ferd. They're called the F-16 "Fighting Falcon", remember? The F-15 is a sort-of Mopar, though. It's called the "Eagle".

Here in southern Arizona we see them all the time on the border. I think if you lead it enough you can probably take it out. They take off and land here at Ft. Huachuca because they teach the pilot school at the base.

Hope you picked up after your poop shooter.....otherwise you will be getting a ticket...

I have mixed feeling on drones in America.
1. People playing. ok
2. People helping other people. ok
3. People being spied on. NO

I have mixed feeling on drones in America.
1. People playing. ok

Not sure I even agree with that. I don't need 4 -- 10 spinning props crashing into anything of mine when it goes out of control, and as we all know, "playing" does not equate to "responsible"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yF4m61UD2A"][RAW] Drone Crashes into Virginia Bull Run Crowd - YouTube[/ame]

and really? Do we REALLY need to have uncontrolled aircraft at weddings?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocqB6_y71xE"]Quadcopter hits groom in the head. // Epic Fail - Seriously - YouTube[/ame]

There is some pretty sophisticated civilian stuff out there now too, don't forget. The military drones though, are more like giant RC planes. It couldn't hover, and though they are fairly quiet, they are not completely silent.

LOL. Just like "you never hear the round that killed you........."

-
Back