possible new job

-

1970-dart

Reaction score
There is a Chevy dealership in the next town to the north( about 12 miles)that had a very big sales lot and across the same town a small service/parts department that has a small sales lot. Well now they have purchased another Chevy dealership in the next town to the south ( about 5 miles) that has a large sales lot and also a much larger parts/service department.

A buddy is the current parts manager( been there 25 years) and he is now stretched way to thin and they are looking to replace him at the smaller (original) sales/parts/service department and he approached me about the position. The pay will go up some ( which i don't care about but whatever that's cool) and the benefits will be about the same

I love my current job but I'm on the road 700-800 miles a week all up/down and through the mountains of New England and upstate NY and that really sucks in the snowy season ( basically NOV-APRIL). Also i feel my current job is safe and viable for anther 8-10 years and i need to live and work another 10-15 and the dealership has been around for a long time and is even growing

So I dropped off the App and resume today and had a short informal interview and he said he was going to go over it with the owner and hopefully call me next week for a full on interview with the owner.

So wish me luck I am a bit nervous but also excited

Good luck man!! I feel like things work out the way they are suppose to.

If you still want to compare the two, do the Ben Franklin close.

Whenever he was faced with a decision, and he had some pretty big ones back then, he would take a plain piece of paper, draw a line down the middle, and put a plus (+) on one half, and a minus (-) on the other.

In his genius he discovered that by listing all the positive elements on the plus side of the paper, and the negative things on the minus side, the decision would become obvious.

Pretty cool. Congrats! I hope you get it.

And they have a 2009 Electric blue mega cab 4x4 2500 Cummings that I'm gonna buy if I get the job. So I hope Out with the old job and Chebby Z-71 and in with the new.

Good luck man!! I feel like things work out the way they are suppose to.

If you still want to compare the two, do the Ben Franklin close.

Whenever he was faced with a decision, and he had some pretty big ones back then, he would take a plain piece of paper, draw a line down the middle, and put a plus (+) on one half, and a minus (-) on the other.

In his genius he discovered that by listing all the positive elements on the plus side of the paper, and the negative things on the minus side, the decision would become obvious.

I know I want it if they offer it to me. :)

If all goes well I should headed ur way next Thursday and should be there for a few days.

I had my second interview today with the parts manager and the owner. It went very very well and he told me that he just wanted to meet me and that ultimately it would be Mike's decision he hires.

So he knew I was gonna be out of town for a few days told me that they would talk it over this afternoon and he would call me on Monday so while I'm not getting too excited because I have not gotten an offer yet I really do believe that the job is mine.

Soon you can have all the joys of guys trying to return sheet metal they ordered from an estimate and don't need but will bill the customer for anyway. Greasy oily ripped open packages of parts the customer held for months and wants to return... Customers complaining because you ask them for the VIN# because "they're all the same"! :) Always people going by the date of MFG not knowing that the year model can easily be different and make a huge difference.

I got a call today to come in at 3:00 and while I'm trying to not get to excited I really feel that after two interviews (one with the owner) that I will be offered to the job.

Soon you can have all the joys of guys trying to return sheet metal they ordered from an estimate and don't need but will bill the customer for anyway. Greasy oily ripped open packages of parts the customer held for months and wants to return... Customers complaining because you ask them for the VIN# because "they're all the same"! :) Always people going by the date of MFG not knowing that the year model can easily be different and make a huge difference.

i suppose crap comes in all different forms at all types of different jobs( have it at my current/every job i ever had) and you just need to learn to deal with it.

For me its a chance to work close to home and get off the road and be at a job for a company that's been in business for many many years. I feel if everything works out good I feel its a job I can retire from in 15-18 years. There are great benefits and while I know anything can happen (good or bad)these things are very important for me it is esp important to know its a great opportunity and long term stability for my family also.

CONGRATS!
Being off the road and so close to home will make a huge difference with your family life - especially in the winter.
I've lived in SoCal my entire life and can't imagine putting in the miles you did on snowy slick roads and lousy weather.
Again, CONGRATS!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Let us know how it feels after your first few days!!

Thanks and how did ur trip go ??

Sucks u could not make it over. I did not realize my cousin planned on meeting in Fredricksburg and taking my aunt and the car from there. The the fact that it was another 150 or so miles over there and his trailer lights had to be required and then he said he had a strange howling noise every time he towed it. Well all four wheels needed bearings and the brakes were trashed ughh.

Thanks to everybody else also I hope it goes well but only time will tell

congratulations ....it will be hard at times like any job but so worth it because all you can do is keep moving forward and the sky is the limit.

keep us updated......I will probably bug you on FB for an update every once in awhile lol

-
Back