Possible new toy!

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
I have been trying to sell or trade my 53 pick up
http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/1476651004.html

http://s636.photobucket.com/albums/uu86/autoideas/53/?start=all
and I got an email today from a guy with a 50 chevy that wants to trade. It runs and drives, converted to 12v with an alternator, clear title, has a nonsmoking/leaking 216 with a 3 speed column shift but I have a buddy that has a 261 with an S10 5 speed and another buddy that has any speed equipment I would ever want for one. The guy says that the floors and trunk are all solid along with the bottom of the fenders and the only mud is in the right rear fender where there was a small dent that the PO fixed.
I'm ganna go take a look at it this week after work.

50chev001.jpg

50chev002.jpg

50chev003.jpg

Dude...if that is what you want out of a trade...GO for it! That looks like it would be a sweet sleeper! Man the *** on that could hide the tub and big *** tires! Thats really cool!

Good luck! Aloha Mike!

I drove a very similar Chevy from La Puente, Ca. to NJ a number of years ago. It was a wonderful ride. I also pulled a U haul. The car was bone stock, 6 cyl/3 speed manual.
The drive was in 1966, on Route 66 mostly. The Arch in St Louie was still under construction at the time, too. Great memories!

Buy it.

Looks like a pretty decent car.

Here's a pic of my Dads old 52. I shaved the drip rails, made the hood a one piece, and some other odds and ends. My Dad put in a Hiedts front end, Vintage Air and a couple other goodies. The car drove as nice as any other car I have ever drove.

Good luck

IMG_0692 copy 2.JPG

360, My first car was a 51 chevy deluxe. 3 speed on the tree and a six cylinder. That was back in 68 or 69. That's when my folks new damn better than to buy me a road runner. It's not a mopar but it is a unique car.
Small Block

Suire its a 50? Tail lights look like 49 to me. I had a 50 with a 327 4 speed in it. Man was it fun. Course I was a lot younger and definately more stupid back in those days. Lots of 100 MPH+ runs across I-70 from Denver to Kansas City. Knowing what I know now I wouldn't have driven it over about 50 MPH!!!

Just got home from looking at it.
The car has been sitting in a garage for the last 5 years (the guy has alot of other toys!).

It was cold when we got there and it started right up without even touching the gas pedal, it doesn't make you choke to death in a closed garage while warming up, choke it and it reves up nice and smooth with no vibrations, all the gauges work except the speedo, no radio (who cares), all the lights work except the rear pass running light, the body is ok. The car was in a tight spot in the garage and by the time I got there it was dark and too foggy to take it out of the garage so I will be going back this weekend to take a better look during the day and take it for a spin.
The heater and wipers both work, he said he took the car for a spin earlier and the brakes were a little sticky but were starting to loosen up (remember it has been sitting for 5 years).
The driver side floor is almost gone but someone has patched it with sheet metal, screws and sealed it, it seems pretty solid but I can weld in new floor pans if I want so that isn't too big of a deal. They will hold up just fine for now.
I would give it a good tune up, go over the brakes and drive the piss out of it.
The doors don't sag and close pretty damn good, the trunk seal needs replacing and the latch bolted back on but other than that it is a get in and go car.

Here are the pics...
http://s636.photobucket.com/albums/u...eas/?start=all

Looks like a cool rig JR! You are turning into a Chevy guy right in front of us. LOL! By the way, your link doesn't go to the pics for some reason...

-
Back