Post Office A$$Holes!!!!!

-

big66440

Reaction score
I recently purchased a set of head bolts from Blufie and to my surprise I only received 10 short bolts,I contacted blufie and he was kind enough to crunch some numbers and clarify he shipped everything (not that I doubted him,considering the condition the box was in) I called the post office to file a complaint and long story short I got the good ol half *** answer "theres nothing we can do" so if anyone's shipping ANYTHING through the postal service Heads up!!!,theres too many idiots that can't do their job right and end up costing us hard working people money.:angry7:

Ya they are very hard on stuff. I have seen them drop kick boxes accrose a room before. They just need to start making bullet proof boxes so we can get are stuff in one peace.

I have shipped thru most any shipper you can think of and without a dout the USPS is the best, they have never lost a package of mine, I have never had to put a claim in on any shipment. Now with UPS, Airbourne,DHL,FedEx,Greyhound and a few others I have had trouble with lost packages,damaged packages,destroyed packages and they are a pain in the butt to get your money back out of. FedEx is the worst, they lost a package of mine, a third member and it took 7 months to get my money out of them. Also you can't insure the item for more than you can show proof that the buyer paid. Your vender should have offered insurance to you and it might have been his packaging that was sub par. No the post office is one of the most efficient parts of our government. IMO

I was a machine mechanic for the USPS for 11 years. I can attest that the sorting machine can mangle packages in short order. Most of them get through unscathed but a few do get smashed.

There is an area at the Bulk Mail Center where all smashed and mangled packages are brought to to be pieced together, taped up and hopefully an address will still be intact, then they are put back into the system.

I lost a carrier yoke through the Post Office from an ebay seller that tried to mail me. Took a lost on that one. I only use UPS or Fedex with tracking info.

The package was less than 100 bucks so it couldn't be insured,it just pisses me off that they are just like "oh well,cut your losses and leave us alone" guess it's just the first time something like this happens to me, would be my second loss for the day being the cover for my 66 D100 got stolen,,,,FROM MY OWN BACKYARD!!!,,,LOL guess a shot of whiskey and a new castle will help,,,I guess.:cheers:

I mailed an item through USPS that was lost. I go down and fill out the necessary paperwork and the clerk tells me I cant get a copy at that moment for some unseen reason. I say that's ok, just mail it to me. The cleck responds with "we dont do that". WTF I thought I was at the post office. I just turned to the wife and said this is an episode of Seinfeld.

I mailed an item through USPS that was lost. I go down and fill out the necessary paperwork and the clerk tells me I cant get a copy at that moment for some unseen reason. I say that's ok, just mail it to me. The cleck responds with "we dont do that". WTF I thought I was at the post office. I just turned to the wife and said this is an episode of Seinfeld.

LOL that is one of thouse things that just leaves you speechless. Just like when I go over there to have them post marke some thing and they say we cant do that after 4. Why the hell not?!? All you have to do is pick up the little stamp and tuch it to the paper!

...The package was less than 100 bucks so it couldn't be insured...

No, that's not correct. USPS will, and is required to, insure at the customer's request.
If the shipper told you he couldn't insure it, something's off in his statement, because any value is insurable w/the USPS.

As far as getting brushed off and not getting recourse from the P.O., be a pain in the a$$, be obnoxious, go see them every other day, but by all means make them file the claim!!!
They are government workers, they want to do as little as possible, be as problematic to you as possible, just so they don't have to do any extra work.

Like having insurance and getting into an auto accident, claims for lost/damaged packages is what "INSURANCE" is for, make them fix the problem!!!

Mark.

I spoke to the local office I shipped from today and the lady was nice but not very optimistic on finding the missing bolts. When they asked about insurance they said is it over $100? and I said no. She said ok. So I assumed they had some minimum they would insure for but I should have asked. This was shipped in a flat rate box and they taped it up but did not do much besides covering a couple of flaps. I even commented it might need more tape and they said it was only 4 lb's so should be fine.

I did get delivery confirmation so the local lady suggested that the receiver should request it be traced and see if they can determine where the damage was taped-up and then look for the bolts. Now as I am typing I just had a thought... I wonder why my office can't trace this for me as the shipper? Guess I need to ask again more firmly.

I learned some good lessons from this though... insure everything for twice the value (if you can afford to), tape it up securely yourself, and pray. I don't ship or sell much but this is the first time I have ever had usps lose anything.

Hopefully the squeaky wheel theory might payoff here if both big66440 and I complain enough. Still sucks.

I just called the local office again and they said the receiver would have to file the paperwork and complaint and would get faster service from his local office. Sounds like a load of crap to me but govt run-around is the norm. I will see what happens on his end and go from there.

i ship packages all day for a living via UPS, Fedex, and USPS and i can't emphasize enough, PACK IT SO IT WILL SURVIVE A NUCLEAR EXPLOSION. this is THE BEST way to avoid lost or damaged items, hands down. I also try to take pictures of the package before its sent so you have some date-stamped proof of the original condition it left your hands in. this more than anything has helped me win many damage claims with Fedex and UPS and will also help the relationship with the recipient, if you can prove to them that you took the extra care to pack their parts or whatever in a responsible manner. always ship via a method that provides a tracking number. and when you do have to call for a claim, remember that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Being nice or at the very least, civil, will help get the results you want from that person who has to listen to pissed people all day. final piece of advice, if a claim is needed, file it immediately before the trail goes cold, so to speak. so far I have never had to file a claim with the USPS but that could be just dumb luck or the percentages as i ship way more via fedex/ups.
-Tim

LOL!!! A Nuclear Explosion?!!!! sounds like dealing with the court system to me,,,worthless waste of time,,,,but I can be wrong.

insure it for more that it cost to replace then make them payup
doesn't work that way. you will need to show a receipt or an ad to show the price.

Ya they are very hard on stuff. I have seen them drop kick boxes accrose a room before. They just need to start making bullet proof boxes so we can get are stuff in one peace.
BULLSHIT
No, that's not correct. USPS will, and is required to, insure at the customer's request.
If the shipper told you he couldn't insure it, something's off in his statement, because any value is insurable w/the USPS.

As far as getting brushed off and not getting recourse from the P.O., be a pain in the a$$, be obnoxious, go see them every other day, but by all means make them file the claim!!!
They are government workers, they want to do as little as possible, be as problematic to you as possible, just so they don't have to do any extra work.

Like having insurance and getting into an auto accident, claims for lost/damaged packages is what "INSURANCE" is for, make them fix the problem!!!

Mark.

being a pain in the *** doesn't help anything and yes it does make some people not want to do their job to help you. the PO isn't as much government as many people think. absolutely NO MONEY comes from the federal gov. the PO is a self sustained entity.
if it were insured for any amount (any value can be insured) they would have filed a claim. as for uninsured items, the only thing that can be done is file a lost mail form and hope for the best.
things get crushed, torn open, separated from packaging, hell even destroyed no matter who you ship with.
as far as shipping with other carriers goes, don't forget the postal service delivers some of ups and fedex parcels.
insurance and delivery confirmation don't cost that much and it makes tracking damage or loss much easier. don't be a cheap ***, buy some means of tracking.

Yes, I do work for the USPS. In my 14 years I've delivered 2 parcels that were crushed to the point of destruction, both insured and both claims were payed promptly.

-
Back