Post Your Pick - Major League Baseball Second Season, 2021

Who will be the first team to 11 wins in the 2021 MLB "second season"?

• AL - Boston Red Sox

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • AL - Chicago White Sox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AL - Houston Astros

• AL - New York Yankees

• AL - Tampa Bay Rays

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • NL - Atlanta Braves

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NL - Los Angeles Dodgers

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • NL - Milwaukee Brewers

• NL - St. Louis Cardinals

• NL - San Francisco Giants

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
What a gamer to go another inning with the fracture.

7 games is a long time though.

While not quite the same injury, my son pitched two weeks in a row with a fractured patella (kneecap) when he was a junior in high school. Had two hits in one of the games and it only hurt when he was running...

Morton is TOUGH...

Good announcers tonight on TV. A WORLD of difference. Another good pitching matchup, good game, GO BRAVES!

It's a nail biter so far! If the Braves lose this one (would be back-to-back games started by the only two starting pitchers they've got left), it's game over for the series. Granted, they've got a killer bullpen, but winning 3 out of the next four is going to be tough considering how much their bullpen will be (and has been) relied upon.

Seven innings of no-hit ball. In violation of the baseball superstition, the announcers mentioned the no-hitter, thirty seconds later, it was gone.

Go braves, hopefully my Mariners will get better & make playoffs next season

Braves in a closeout game, open the first with a GRAND SLAM!!

.....and then get smoked, to the tune of 9 to 1 from there.

Not giving up yet though. GO BRAVES!!

Bloody sock vs fractured leg
Schilling. Morton.
I'll take Morton although curt was a badass too, but he was on the redsox.
My favorite world series team still is 03 Florida marlins.
But I'ma diehard Mariners fan, even though it sure seems like the Mariners ownership couldn't care less about the fans, we'll see next year

Heading back to Texas... can Atlanta overcome the Houston Trash Cans? I think this is where Morton missing in the rotation is really going to bite Atlanta. Their bullpen got smote last night.

Heading back to Texas... can Atlanta overcome the Houston Trash Cans? I think this is where Morton missing in the rotation is really going to bite Atlanta. Their bullpen got smote last night.
Atlanta, the Lord is with thee

Yeah vi wish I saw this thread when it started, I love underdogs

I know everybody loves to hate pro sports but I think baseball is the best of the bad....well, maybe hockey... but the randomness of Park, pitcher, wind, temperature, fans and just the mental part of 162 sets baseball apart.

-
Back