Post Your Vintage Drag Racing Pics!!

-
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

3E18A8F6-16EB-43A4-B9C6-E32755A0CB4B.jpeg

Thanks for sharing. A lotta cars I remember from Minnesota. The Gopher State Timing Association's twin Hemi dragster is still around I believe.

No it's not. They shut down Keystone/Bison Dragways so they could run the gas pipeline to the east in '76. It used to be 25 miles east of Winnipeg on the Trans Canada Hwy.

Gimli Dragways was opened in '78 on the site of the Airforce Base in Gimli, 50 miles north of Winnipeg. It still exists today as Interlake Dragways.

No it's not. They shut down Keystone/Bison Dragways so they could run the gas pipeline to the east in '76. It used to be 25 miles east of Winnipeg on the Trans Canada Hwy.

Gimli Dragways was opened in '78 on the site of the Airforce Base in Gimli, 50 miles north of Winnipeg. It still exists today as Interlake Dragways.
I believe the twin Hemi dragster is still around. It's to bad about the closing of Keystone/Bison. Nice that you've still got a dragstrip after all these years. Minnesota Dragways closed around '76 also. Just so they could build a bunch of houses and complain about the noise that the people already new was there. Kinda like buying a house by the railroad tracks and getting a good deal on it and then telling the railroad they gotta move! Very sad time back then. :(

We lost a good one. A local drag racer. Jim Eggleston. He partnered with the best. They had a 6 cylinder dragster that screamed! Owned a pizza restaurant in a small neighboring town. He was a great guy. He bought parts from me at Esco. Here's a link to the Dragstrip Facebook site I help moderate and sponsor the yearly drag strip reunion. Neita Raceway Drag Racing (1965-1983) | Facebook
If you choose there's hundreds of old drag race photos on the site. RIP Jim! Oh guess who is driving? Radar!

Jim  Eggleston.jpg

Nothing added for a long time here.....cmon guys

-
Back